Three 30-minute rides each week of the year Challenge 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluenotebob

Veteran
Week 17: three HMCAM rides + 8 more local rides over 30 mins; distance cycled 304.12km

Week 18: one Lunacy Distance ride, three HMCAM rides + 5 more local rides over 30 mins; distance cycled 324.48km

Weeks 1 to 18: total distance cycled 4380km

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Week 18: 4 qualifying rides, 101 km, 6 hrs.
  • Ride 1 (Mon): 13 km. ELLL. ¾ hr.
  • Ride 2 (Tue): 39 km. Tod, Walsden, Calderbrook, Caldermoor, Littleborough, Blackstone Edge, Craggies shop (banana teabread!), then back via Littleborough. 2½ hrs.
  • Ride 3 (Fri): 16 km. LLL extended as far as Calderbrook Rd, then did some of return on canal towpath. (Bit rough on 25C tyres so won't do again on road bike!) 1 hr.
  • Ride 4 (Sun): 33 km. Tod, Hebden Bridge, Lee Wood Rd, Blackshaw Head, Long Causeway, Overtown, Southward Bottom, Tod. 1¾ hrs.
Rides done on the 6-er (mostly 42/15 gear, but easier gears used on steeper than usual climbs) unless another bike indicated. Ride #4 done on CAAD5.

Success rate: 18 weeks out of 18.

58 qualifying rides so far this year. Weekly target 100 km; total to date: 1,431 km. Average progress now = 79.5%; last week = 78.2%. Total ride time approximately 86 hrs.

PS Special characters to copy and paste for ride durations - ¼ ½ ¾ !

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Two 30 minute rides and one of 90 minutes. The hightlight of that one was spotting some of the newly returned swallows.

This is the construction work on the new station which will be closest to me. I was on my way to the current closest one to collect tickets for a trip next week.

2024-05-05 07.42.21.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I got my rides in early this week because I will be busy on family matters for the rest of it...

Week 19: 4 qualifying rides, 105 km, 6¾ hrs.
  • Ride 1 (Mon): 18 km. ELLL including Lumbutts climb. 1 hr.
  • Ride 2 (Tue): 20 km. Tod, Lumbutts, Walsden, Pexwood Rd, Stones Ln, Sourhall, Carr Rd, Tod (including a bonus climb). 1¼ hrs.
  • Ride 3 (Wed): 17 km. Tod to Hebden Bridge and back. 1 hr.
  • Ride 4 (Thu): 50 km. Tod, Shade, Walsden, Calderbrook/Caldermoor, Littleborough, Blackstone Edge, Baitings Reservoir, Rishworth, tough climb to Ringstone Edge, Krumlin, Barkisland, Norland Moor, Sowerby Bridge, Sowerby village, Scout Rd, Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge, Tod (including bonus climb and loop to get 1,000 m of ascent and 50 km of distance in). 3½ hrs.
All rides this week done on CAAD5.

Success rate: 19 weeks out of 19.

62 qualifying rides so far this year. Weekly target 100 km; total to date: 1,536 km. Average progress now = 80.8%; last week = 79.5%. Total ride time approximately 92¾ hrs.

PS Special characters to copy and paste for ride durations - ¼ ½ ¾ !

FrothNinja

Veteran
W19R1- CX 1 hour 18 mins - local miles but also out south of Burnley.
W19R2 - CX 1 hour 22 mins - Burnley to Laneshawbridge, Foulridge etc and back.
W19R3 - CX 2 hour 40 mins - Sunny ride mostly on the towpaths heading into Yorkshire with diversions into the hills to alleviated the frustration with bell deaf people - and a special loop to include a visit to the Clarion, where there was some filming being done (total 32.3 miles / 52.1 km plus 351 m / 1,150 ft ascent)
DSC_1536.JPG

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I just got back from my fifth ride of the week when the heavens opened and I heard the first rumble of thunder. I was really lucky not to be a mile or two down the road as it hammered down for almost an hour and the lights went off a couple of times!

I got three rides in early in the week because I was coming away to house sit for friends. I'm now in rural Dumfries and Galloway and I've brought the Brompton with me. There's not a lot of traffic about. The only vehicles past the house today were about 30 vintage tractors on their annual run. I've got in a couple of rides since I arrived and sat in the sun yesterday and cleaned the bike from top to bottom.

FrothNinja

Veteran
I just got back from my fifth ride of the week when the heavens opened and I heard the first rumble of thunder. I was really lucky not to be a mile or two down the road as it hammered down for almost an hour and the lights went off a couple of times!

I got three rides in early in the week because I was coming away to house sit for friends. I'm now in rural Dumfries and Galloway and I've brought the Brompton with me. There's not a lot of traffic about. The only vehicles past the house today were about 30 vintage tractors on their annual run. I've got in a couple of rides since I arrived and sat in the sun yesterday and cleaned the bike from top to bottom.

Roads can be a bit rough but there are some lovely rides out the east, some long uphills though

FrothNinja

Veteran
Off to the North West Guitar Show in the morn, so that's my lot for this week unless I get back early.
W20R1- Centurion 32 mins - local miles.
W20R2 - Centurion 31 mins - local miles.
W20R3 - Hybrid 5 hour 26 mins - Burnley, Brunshaw, Long Causeway, down the knife edge into Cornholme (41.5mph max), Todmorden, Rochdale Canal, Hebden Bridge, Heptonstall, Heptonstall Moor, Gorple Reservoirs, Widdop, down to Thursden valley (40.5 max), Coldwell, Walton Summit, Trawden, Winewall, Laneshaw Bridge, Salter Syke, Colne, Foulridge, Slipper Hill, Blacko, Roughlee, Newchurch, Roughlee, Noggarth, the Ridge, Black Hill, The Ridge, Wheatley Lane, Fence, Burnley (total 63.6 miles / 102.4 km plus 1,479 m / 4,855 ft ascent)
240518 21 Upper Gorple Res.JPG

Top Bottom