Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Funny you should say that. Here apparently it starts at age 54 ... which I hit in April. My 'sample' box turned up this week. I haven't got around to doing it yet :eek:
Although most people would say I'm full of cr@p, so it should be easy for me to produce a sample :laugh:

Took me a couple of weeks too, most likely because I was scared what they might find. Stupid, I know!

When you finally get around to do it, don’t make the same mistake as me! I momentarily clogged the toilet, so had to stay in there far longer than expected, to do some extra flushes. :laugh:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
1st mass start race for a while bag the badge Hilly reverse ,30+ in the pen , survived the 1st lap comfortablely in a front group of 20 ,thought I was playing it tactical brilliant never at the front cruising at the back ,Until it kicked off on the rolling section before the drop to the sprint ,a split appeared 4 riders in front I hesitated waiting for others to close it nothing happened , I had to jump make a big effort over the last bump and downhill over the sprint to just latch on as the pace picked up and I was spat out the back , managed to hold the gap at 2 secs hoping around the steep bend I could close ,out the saddle it put an effort in and legs said no way sit back down had a bit of recovery now in no man's lands . Recovered and caught 2 riders up the climb then got within 3 secs of another before the legs gave out .Rolled over the line 9th ,5th on ZP . Why do I enjoy smashing myself up ?
Need to do this one today as well - in Z2, just to move the legs before tomorrow. Always up for an easy badge tick :smile:

JuhaL

Guru
I had an envelope from the Fimlab few days a go, I was wondering what is that. It was a call for a colorectal cancer screening which will do every 60-70yr olds, expands later to 56-74yr. That call came pretty quick, just 2-weeks after my 60th bday. That sample will take every 2-year. When I read the papers from the envelope my first thought was oh s**t, but then what a good idea.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
1st mass start race for a while bag the badge Hilly reverse ,30+ in the pen , survived the 1st lap comfortablely in a front group of 20 ,thought I was playing it tactical brilliant never at the front cruising at the back ,Until it kicked off on the rolling section before the drop to the sprint ,a split appeared 4 riders in front I hesitated waiting for others to close it nothing happened , I had to jump make a big effort over the last bump and downhill over the sprint to just latch on as the pace picked up and I was spat out the back , managed to hold the gap at 2 secs hoping around the steep bend I could close ,out the saddle it put an effort in and legs said no way sit back down had a bit of recovery now in no man's lands . Recovered and caught 2 riders up the climb then got within 3 secs of another before the legs gave out .Rolled over the line 9th ,5th on ZP . Why do I enjoy smashing myself up ?

I thought I could match the leaders on the second lap climb. My first lap I was very near the front but second time I was near the back. I did stay within reach, but had no time to recover, and by being at the back I was dropped . I came in 16th I think but promoted to 12th.

Did like that for event, learnt something tactically

13 rider

Guru
I thought I could match the leaders on the second lap climb. My first lap I was very near the front but second time I was near the back. I did stay within reach, but had no time to recover, and by being at the back I was dropped . I came in 16th I think but promoted to 12th.

Did like that for event, learnt something tactically
Quite like the course ,annoyed with myself not to see how I could compete up the 2nd climb as looking at the results I was the lightest rider ,but looking at the numbers they pushed up the climb I suspect I would have been dropped as I was struggling but if your in the front group you can just push that bit more .

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Need to do this one today as well - in Z2, just to move the legs before tomorrow. Always up for an easy badge tick :smile:

Yes, good luck Pete. You might well have started so an advice I can give is probably too late. When I did my vEveresting on the Alpe I had a change of shorts each descent and make sure to have a mix of savoury and sweet snacks. My mistake was too much sweet stuff and I was close to being sick three quarters of the way through.

mjd1988

Guru
Yes good luck @Peter Salt ! Already 3 hours in at this point, fair play to you

mjd1988

Guru
Going to palmanova in Mallorca in July, will probably get one day 2-3 hours on a bike; just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for rides on that side of the island? Sa calobra puig major and formenter too far away so was going to just let komoot do the job, but I know a few of you have been so was wondering if any off the beaten track climbs are worth targeting?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Going to palmanova in Mallorca in July, will probably get one day 2-3 hours on a bike; just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for rides on that side of the island? Sa calobra puig major and formenter too far away so was going to just let komoot do the job, but I know a few of you have been so was wondering if any off the beaten track climbs are worth targeting?

Is that the south of the Island near Magaluf? You might be able to get to Soller in the mountains. Your family could catch the train upto the town and you set off cycling. It's beautiful up there. Kill two birds n all that

mjd1988

Guru
Is that the south of the Island near Magaluf? You might be able to get to Soller in the mountains. Your family could catch the train upto the town and you set off cycling. It's beautiful up there. Kill two birds n all that
Oh good shout, didn't think of the train

Top Bottom