1½ links...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's how much my chain* was stretched by, measured against a new one...:biggrin:

OK OK I don't need to be lectured about how lazy I am in the small matter of maintenance ... my excuse was, I was running the drive train into the ground knowing full well that next time around I'd need to replace the lot (cassette, chain, chainrings). This I have now done (when the chain starts throwing off at the front you know you've got to do something fast :biggrin:). It's a real treat to have the bike feel tight and responsive again, no longer riding like a cow.

I just hope there's someone on here as slack* on maintenance as I am....

*crack that joke if you must...

661-Pete said:
That's how much my chain* was stretched by, measured against a new one...:biggrin:

OK OK I don't need to be lectured about how lazy I am in the small matter of maintenance ... my excuse was, I was running the drive train into the ground knowing full well that next time around I'd need to replace the lot (cassette, chain, chainrings). This I have now done (when the chain starts throwing off at the front you know you've got to do something fast :biggrin:). It's a real treat to have the bike feel tight and responsive again, no longer riding like a cow.

I just hope there's someone on here as slack* on maintenance as I am....

*crack that joke if you must...

*refrains*

Top Bottom