1.5 million posts for CC (well done everyone!!)

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
DONE!!!

All we need now is for Shaun to tell us who gets the prize. It won't be me as the boss wanted a chat with 10 to go and when I next had a look it had gone. Oh well, not long to wait for the 2 million.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
But does he realise why it's the winning post yet?
laugh.gif

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I see that McShroom is claiming that he posted the 1,4999,999th post, but is that really the case? Did the little counter thingy count the first post? And, what was the first post? Has it been carved in stone?

I realise that this may seem like nitpicking, but, hey, cars depreciate!

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Yes - it is nitpicking :smile:

He did post the 1,499,999th post as his was the one *before* the 1,500,000th post.

And the first post will hopefully be in the database, but it's too fiddley to check it from my phone. I imagine it was along the lines of "welcome to CycleChat" :smile:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I see that McShroom is claiming that he posted the 1,4999,999th post, but is that really the case? Did the little counter thingy count the first post? And, what was the first post? Has it been carved in stone?

I realise that this may seem like nitpicking, but, hey, cars depreciate!

Yes it is nitpicking - but it is also true.

Admin discounted deleted posts, so the 1.5M post was in fact post #1524779 (if you go to quote a post the post # is listed). My post saying 'I think this is it' was 10 seconds earlier and is post #1524778, thus one short of the 1.5M or the 1,499,999th post.

I put it up as a joke because cismcgu actually posted his post without knowing what was happening :biggrin:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
ah, yes, but there must have been The Original Post.

Was it Post no.1, or Post Zero?

And where is it? And if it has gone in to some server space in the sky, is there a picture of it?

I have a mental picture of Shaun coming on like a stagehand and, noticing an audience, clearing his throat, and saying......'Hello, my name's Admin'

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
You cannot be serious! All those asinine, acrimonious helmet threads are your fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but I'm having a coffee on keyboard moment here!

Top Bottom