10,000 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stockie

Ticking the boxes
Just completed my 10,000 mile and cannot believe it. Never thought when I was persuaded by my mate to buy a bike back in 2011 (aged 52) that I would have been posting a note like this.

Moved from a simple hybrid to a road bike and this year got my shiny new carbon.

Many great moments since starting

Riding through Paris, Amsterdam and Brussels with a great group of people who I had only
met days before.
My first 50 miler.
Getting up some of the hills in and around chesterfield and the peaks for the first time.
Meeting a beautiful fox on one of my early rides and actually sitting just a couple of feet away without it running away.
Losing over a stone and keeping it off lol.

So here's to next 10,000.

J1888

Über Member
Nice work Stockie!!

Sounds like you're having a great time and the stuff you mention is kinda thing I wanna do myself.

OP
OP
Stockie

Stockie

Ticking the boxes
Thanks J1888.
The Paris, Amsterdam stuff was done with a company called global adventures and I can recommend them highly.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm on 9770 miles so also about to hit my 10,000. From 1989 to 2009 I was fanatical about mountain biking but slowly I began to lose my mojo. Then one day I found a stolen abandoned carbon road bike in a river and a month later the Police gave it back to me. I haven't ridden my poor old mountain bike off road since. It's a nice titanium Global hardtail and deserves better really.... sniff....

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I vividly recall my first 16094km on my current commuter bike. :whistle:
OK, not really, but it's good to tick off these nice round numbers, as it helps keep you motivated.

Top Bottom