10 most annoying words and phrases 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Listening to R2 they mentioned that a poll has been completed and a shortlist of 10 has been drawn up.
You know.....
words like GOAT
phrases like "think outside the box"
So...
Feel free, what are yours?

All uphill

Still rolling along
I still don't, like, like "like".

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Take time back (as in "we've finished this meeting a bit early so I'll let you take time back"). There's absolutely no need to say that; it's not as if I'd come off the call at 13:20 and then just sit there doing nothing until the scheduled finish of 13:30!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
"What's up? " used as a greeting

“Your call is important to us”. Hahahaha

My favourite one to moan about

If you have kept me waiting for 30 minutes then my call is NOT important to you otherwise you would have employed more people so you can answer the calls better

along with - normally on the same call
"Unexpectedly high call volumes"
Is it ****
I used to work on the computer systems for a big call centre - they could predict call volumes every week and spent a lot of time doing it

at one point senior management insisted that the main call centre answered ALL calls within 3 rings
AND THEY DID IT!!

it was changed to a more reasonable 10 seconds

I have tried that same company recently and they seem to take about a minute or two nowadays as expectations have changed

but it can be done

sorry about teh rant - but it REALLY annoys me and I like to put the truth out there!!!

I go away and calm down now

Windle

Über Member
Reach out
Bear with me
I feel your pain
Your call is important to us
Error 401

I had an e-mail at work a while back, I can't remember exactly what it was about but it was from one of these seminar organising type companies and implored me to 'reach out to them' if I had any queries. WTF? This is the construction industry fella, we don't speak like that here. Deleted and blocked.
As for 'can I get', I'd love to try working behind the counter somewhere and when some dimwit comes out with that motion to them to come round and serve themselves.

Gwylan

Veteran
You are here to fix my central heating. I'm old enough to be your grandfather, I am not your mate.

"Moving forward in time."

+1 for "can I get?"

Coffee shop speak " a double flat, intercooled cherry drip with a skinny dash on the side"

"You steer now" an instruction from the steering assist thing on my wife's car

Top Bottom