1962 Winter Reliability Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Brilliant

ozboz

Guru
That brought back memories of how things looked around the roads when I was still at junior school , I actually saw a 6 wheel bus , maybe a Trolley bus ,
Nice footage !

quite a few of these riders had what appear to be roll bags/saddle bags that look visually similar to these...

PIL_PerspectiveOnBike.png

What are they? Haven't seen them before.

OP
OP
Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay

Guru
In the film, a fair few look to have a rolled up cape and maybe a folded tubular strapped under/behind the saddle (as you'd expect) - well before the days of lightweight anoraks/jackets/cagoules consigned capes to a rarely (or never) used option.

Dayvo

just passin' through
Just seen this and what wonderful footage: oh for the simplicity of yesteryear.

Mind you, I certainly would have had me mam knit me some gloves and a hat. :cold:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Only just seen this, it's great! Interesting that,whilst there's an assortment of woollen tops, most are wearing 3/4 lowers and long socks. Few with any sort of head covering either, in winter.

OP
OP
Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay

Guru
Given it's turned chilly (and someone gave the OP a 'like'), bump. 'Ardness (northern) inspiration.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
That's brilliant. I was a year old. Cycling of that era had a certain style that is unrepeatable.
Now then, wheres my knitted jumper gone!

We still have reliability rides early in the season (Feb) but the gear is a little more up to date. Soup and stovies at the local church hall afterwards brilliant!!

Top Bottom