1977 Raleigh Chopper MK2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had a Yellow one. Gave it to a school friend when Pops bought me a Grifter for my birthday.

OMG
cry.gif

My other mate had a Grifter!!

This is getting too much.

Goldie

Über Member
I remember being ushered into the school hall when I was about 6 to watch a fantastic public safety film about why it was dangerous to play on building sites. The po faced civil servant that accompanied the film warned us that it featured graphic images to get its message across. Joyously, it featured some goody two shoes kids who went around at sedate paces on bikes with equally sized wheels, and the bad boy anti hero who burned it up on his bright red chopper (complete with explicit and frequent shots of gear change action) before meeting a sticky end beneath the wheels of a massive dump truck.

BMX's were in and choppers were out when we saw the film, which immediately undermined any impact it might have had for us at the time, but now I'm an adult and able to appreciate beautiful art, not a day goes by when I don't wish I was pulling jumps and outrageous wheelies on a chopper in an opencast mine...

Fantastic pictures of a gorgeous bike.

Top Bottom