2015 Rugby World Cup **Potential spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wafer

Veteran
So tomorrow Wales and Ireland play their first game in the World Cup build up, Lancaster is due to announce a new cut for the England squad today and the Rugby Championship comes to an early finish tomorrow in time to get over here and prepare with the All Blacks and Australia going head to head to take the spoils.

And 6 weeks today I'll be travelling to Twickers for the opening ceremony but more importantly England v Fiji!
Starting to get excited! :hyper::surrender::wahhey::cheers:

I'm hoping England get to the semi's though getting out of the group will be very tough!

Vidor06

Long term loafer
Im going to watch Ireland v Scotland in their world cup warm up next weekend. I was hoping to get to the Olympic Stadium to watch Ireland v Italy in the tournament proper but the tickets didnt materialise. Really looking forward to the tournament starting, cant see a northern hemisphere side winning it unfortunately but hope Ireland get to at the least the semis. I dont think NZ have quite the same aura as they had before the last tournament but as always they will be the team to beat.
I can see England struggling to get out of their group. A lot depends on which Wales team turns up and if the Aussies capitulate as badly as their cricket team. It would be bad for the tournament if England dont get to at least the semi finals.

OP
OP
Wafer

Wafer

Veteran
Fiji could prove to be the deciding factor. They just beat Samoa to win the Pacific Nations Cup and honestly could beat any of the other 3 teams on their day. Not something you could say about the 4th team in some groups...

OP
OP
Wafer

Wafer

Veteran
So some interesting picks in the England squad, somehow Twelvetrees and Burgess survive while Eastmond goes home... Lots of decisions still to be made in the pack, must be very tight picking between them.
And Australia just beat the All Blacks to win the Rugby Championship. Potentially ominous but apparently no team has ever won the Rugby Championship and the World Cup in the same year! Australia very strong in the forwards though, not many team can get on top of the All Blacks in the scrum.

Now we'll see how the Irish and Welsh subs go...

rualexander

Legendary Member
I think Ireland might win it this time.
Scotland will hopefully get through the first round with a bit of luck.
The ABs are not performing as well this year so unfortunately I don't think they will manage to retain the trophy, but they might come good by september I guess.

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Considering last weeks warm up with a Welsh B team against The Irish, I can't wait to see what the Welsh have to bring to the table.

I will be placing a bet on my home team.

Cymru am Byth..^_^

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I think home advantage will be crucial for England (and to a lesser extent the other home nations). Wasn't able to get tickets which is a shame but a fan park is being set up at The Centre for Life which I'll be going along to.

It'll be a strange sight to see a huge rugby crowd in the city centre, and one which I'm thoroughly looking forward to.

OP
OP
Wafer

Wafer

Veteran
So England B team beat a mixed French side despite the French having the best of the up front battle.
Scotland put in a good performance against Ireland who may not have played a full strength team but maybe not too far off.
All Blacks beat Australia convincingly to shut the doubters from last week up and South Africa got revenge on Argentina...

England have now announced a much changed squad for the return French fixture. This looks a lot more like the expected team I think and hard to argue too much with the starting 15.
Does seem odd though, Quins had a poor season and Tigers scrapped into the playoffs only to be shown how far off the pace they really were, yet have 3 players each in the starting 15. While only one from Sarries (though perhaps Barritt would start instead of Burrell and Farrell will be there or there abouts) who won the prem final.

I think Parling in for Attwood, Farrell for Cippers, Slade for 36, not sure about Easter with a decision to be made about Burrell vs Barritt and I think you'd have the first choice match day squad.

OP
OP
Wafer

Wafer

Veteran
Finally we know, Burgess is going to the world cup!
As a Chiefs fan I'm pretty happy, 3 guys in the England squad, 1 in each of the Italian, Tongan and Namibian squads and another hopeful for Wales as well as last years captain back in the Aussie squad.
Mostly happy about today's announcement, not convinced about Burgess but will be supporting him when he gets on the field. Cipriani probably the unluckiest of those dropped, but I think he'll be first off the backup list if there's a problem in the backs and I'm backing Slade to provide his flair anyway.

Now I just want it to get under way, 3 weeks till Twickers :hyper:

France v Australia final...:whistle:

Have a great evening everyone. My ride out tonight is going to be a bit more than 'military medium' in order to get a pew if I can, and watch the excitement unfold. May the best teams win, and the referees do themselves justice. "Come on England!"

Top Bottom