3 day Tour de Menorca Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Is anyone doing it ? Sounds like a very relaxed end of summer event and a chance of a few days in the sun . I fly out on Thursday 15th .
I wish...! Sounds fantastic, hope you have a great time.

* makes note for same weekend in 2016 diary *

OP
OP
Jerry Atrik

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
The weekend is dedicated to Team Moviestar with talks from the manager and 4 riders from the team riding along side everyone so informative as well as fun .

Dec66

The weekend is dedicated to Team Moviestar with talks from the manager and 4 riders from the team riding along side everyone so informative as well as fun .
I've got a millstone, sorry, milestone birthday next year, just a couple of weeks after I expect next year's edition will take place... I reckon I should be given a weekend pass to do it.

What do others think?

Dec66

@Jerry Atrik how did it go, sir?

OP
OP
Jerry Atrik

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well it was a fantastic weekend . Hospitality from the organisers was second to none . On the first ride ride Friday afternoon it was more a social with just over 20 miles of riding to a winery to sample the local wines and food then a ride back to HQ . Quick change then back to HQ for an introduction to everyone and the Moviestar riders and local dignitaries with a fine spread of food and more wine .
Saturday started at 9 outside the Town hall in Mahon for a 60 mile ride . It was rolling road closures with the referees car up front loads of outriders on motorbikes and the police on main junctions . The pace averaged 17mph with regrouping at major junctions and a stop for lunch .
Sunday was a 40 mile ride at the same pace with Monte Torro thrown in which was the highlight of the trip and as tough as anything on Dartmoor . The Island was green and beautiful , the people fantastic and the camadarie second to none . Interesting Q&A session with the Moviestar manager and the Moviestar riders riding through the peloton and chatting to everyone was first class .
If you want an end of summer relaxing event then this is the one !