38cm/40cm Drops for oversized stem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does any one have any oversized drops they don't want please? Looking for narrower than 42cm which my mens/unisex bike currently has on it but are slightly too wide for me as a woman (arms feel slayed, pinching at the back of the shoulders & hands not sitting correctly on hoods, more diagonally across them). Thinking 40cm is about right, but not sure, happy to try 38cm. Given my stem is oversized, needs to be 31.5cm in the middle.

I had previously purchased this http://www.wiggle.co.uk/easton-ea50-ergo-road-handlebar/ set in 42cm (since 40cm was out of stock at the time) and found they were identical in all aspects to my current drops.

Happy to collect within Stoke-On-Trent, Chester, Warrington, Oldham circuit... (draw a line between then in that order and inside I can collect.

thanks

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I have some narrow bars in the cupboard, I will dig them out and measure them for you. They are 3T branded with OS clamp. Also have the matching stem.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
I have some narrow bars in the cupboard, I will dig them out and measure them for you. They are 3T branded with OS clamp. Also have the matching stem.
hi & thanks. probably only need the handlebars because I have a shorter than normal stem on my bike. the next size down was too small and too small by more than the size I have being too big (hope that made sense, my bike size choice was 51cm or 54cm, so went with the 54cm and shortened the stem a touch). thanks

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I will dig these out tomorrow and measure them for you, I have been out all day since 7am and not long been back, mixture of riding and general pottering about so not had time!

The bar's are as new, never been outside, came on a track bike (they are road bars though, not curved track sprint bars) and I immediately took them off as I was buying the bike to do a personalised build but the complete OTP bike came with the crankset I wanted anyway for less than the cost of just the seperate frame, fork, headset, BB and crankset. They are wrapped in brand new Cinelli cork tape, but it is blue.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
I will dig these out tomorrow and measure them for you, I have been out all day since 7am and not long been back, mixture of riding and general pottering about so not had time!

The bar's are as new, never been outside, came on a track bike (they are road bars though, not curved track sprint bars) and I immaterially took them off as I was buying the bike to do a personalised build but the complete OTP bike came with the crankset I wanted anyway for less than the cost of just the seperate frame, fork, headset, BB and crankset. They are wrapped in brand new Cinelli cork tape, but it is blue.

thanks - was a good day here for a ride, shame I only managed 2.5 miles before my leg injury decided to hurt more than usual and I called it a day to play safe. Had to leave my OH to go out by himself...My only concern would be how much you want for them - don't have a huge amount of money available, assuming they are a better size.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
thanks - was a good day here for a ride, shame I only managed 2.5 miles before my leg injury decided to hurt more than usual and I called it a day to play safe. Had to leave my OH to go out by himself...My only concern would be how much you want for them - don't have a huge amount of money available, assuming they are a better size.

Next to nothing, few quid, maybe a fiver. I will NEVER use them, I am 6' 3" tall, I have no use for bars that narrow.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Found them (sorry for the delay, been having a major tidy in anticipation of getting a pet cat and only just got to that cupboard), 40cm Centre-Centre. 42cm Outer-Outer. Marked 42cm. Your's for a fiver if you want them. Clamp area is typical OS size, 31.8mm.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Found them (sorry for the delay, been having a major tidy in anticipation of getting a pet cat and only just got to that cupboard), 40cm Centre-Centre. 42cm Outer-Outer. Marked 42cm. Your's for a fiver if you want them. Clamp area is typical OS size, 31.8mm.
The picture you have painted suggests that the cupboard was not accessible to you or a cat and you have spent Sunday - Wednesday trying to access it! images of some CSI shows come to mind...I take it you found no dead bodies on the hunt?^_^

It's a touch too dark now (and I'm cold from stopping after a rather wamer than I was expecting 25mile commute to a physio appointment - still only had 2 layers on but was too warm!), but I will check the dimensions of what I have... Get back to you tomorrow pm after my college commute (learnign Spanish for when I get out to South America....) - thanks

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
hah, not exactly, I was just too tired on Sunday, then too lazy to dig on Monday, then we spent Tuesday morning over at the breeders house playing with the kittens and sorting out the details etc, when we came home we were discussing where to put the litter trays and other required items and came to the conclusion that the flat was a shoot tip so I initiated a good old sort out and tidy. We tidied each room 1 by 1. The bedroom was the last room, so didn't get to the bottom of the wardrobe until this afternoon. Will take until the end of tomorrow to fully finish up tidying, then a good cleaning session and we will be ready for our kitty :smile:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!

Right have measured the ones I have and they are 42cm, 44cm respectively (and with padding closer to 46cm) so can I say yes please?
thanks

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Sure, consider them your's :smile:

I will pm you later on to arrange a convenient time to either come collect them (I am based in Manchester) or to drop them off or something in between (i.e. meet somewhere convenient for us both).

Top Bottom