Aaaaaargh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Turning left from a side street into the main road, perhaps a tad on the speedy side, wanting to get out ahead of that concrete lorry, failed to notice the metal plate almost at the corner and suddenly my front wheel's just gone and I'm sprawled in the road.

Fortunately the driver was on the ball and stopped on a sixpence. Though not, I have to say, before I've grabbed the bike (while still lying on the ground) and spun it around to safety on the pavement. (Funnily enough I knew the instant I hit the ground that I was in no danger - too near the kerb - but the bike was 'in the line of fire'.)

Fine, thanks, thanks for asking. Winter...so plenty of padding! My first off in, well, since I can't remember when.

Damp autumn roads...take care out there folks.

Do
Not
Race
Lorries

Glad you're ok

Reread this post 30 times

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Glad you got away with it.

One advantage of the more slapdash cheapskate approach to resurfacing around here is they've tarmacked over a lot of the metal covers! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Turning left from a side street into the main road, perhaps a tad on the speedy side, wanting to get out ahead of that concrete lorry, failed to notice the metal plate almost at the corner and suddenly my front wheel's just gone and I'm sprawled in the road.

Fortunately the driver was on the ball and stopped on a sixpence. Though not, I have to say, before I've grabbed the bike (while still lying on the ground) and spun it around to safety on the pavement. (Funnily enough I knew the instant I hit the ground that I was in no danger - too near the kerb - but the bike was 'in the line of fire'.)

Fine, thanks, thanks for asking. Winter...so plenty of padding! My first off in, well, since I can't remember when.

Damp autumn roads...take care out there folks.
How's the bike?

Mrs M

Guru
Glad to hear you're both ok :smile:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Always check the weather forecast before going out:
Rain, less than 5 degrees, too windy, snow = stay at home and use turbo instead.

screenman

Legendary Member
Glad you are OK, I will not ask after the bike as they are just a lump of iron or other materials to me.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Weather ok for a ride today but as I have had a stomach bug since Thursday night, had nothing to eat since then and spent all day in bed on Friday, I don't think it would be a good idea to go on the bike this week end.

Top Bottom