Acer Aspire £650 doorstop...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Desert Orchid said:
Bobq, exactly what drivers do you need ?

what make / model is the device ?

have you tried driverguide.com ?

don't despair, we have ways ( taps nose.....)

HI desert orchid, therein lies the problem, I'll pm you rather than bore the pants off the others:biggrin:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
WindyRob said:
Ever thought of buying in to a Mac?

{ducking swiftly} i leave now before i get punched....

Windy

Punch......... I've got one and its mine and it works fine:biggrin::biggrin: My daughter was less enlightened hence the Aspire with Vista!!!

pubrunner

Legendary Member
bobg said:
Hmmm... no. Not sure if the Vista upgrade discs she got was the full operating system?? I doubt it knowing how the manufacturers hate proving full systems these days. and even if it was how would I know:sad:
The Acers site doesnt seem to offer the Invilink modem driver anyway so no amount of changing systems 'll get me over that hurdle. They made the b....y thing, you'd think it wouldnt be a big deal to provide them!!!

Hi there,

Have you tried this site ?

http://www.findmysoft.com/drivers/publisher/Acer/

It has loads of Acer drivers, including Modem drivers.

Is it a modem router or an older 'dial-up' modem ? If it is a dial-up modem, I'm sure I've a couple going spare; I could post one to you with the required drivers if required. They are a straight forward install.

If it is a dial-up modem, look at the chipset - there should be a name on there such as conexant. You could then do a new search for those drivers.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
NickM said:
It is? 'Kin 'ell, tell us the secret!

No problem, just pack up work, eat porage for breakfast, go for a ride in the morning, have a pub lunch, take a power nap in the afternoon, practice your banjo in the evening, take a large malt before bed, read until the early hours. Vary the above depending on the time of year and the weather.... job done:biggrin: Works for me but then I'm easily pleased - not been stressed ( till yesterday) for about 5 years now . Mind you being a lazy sod helps...

NickM

Veteran
bobg said:
No problem, just pack up work, eat porage for breakfast, go for a ride in the morning, have a pub lunch, take a power nap in the afternoon, practice your banjo in the evening, take a large malt before bed, read until the early hours. Vary the above depending on the time of year and the weather.... job done:biggrin: Works for me but then I'm easily pleased - not been stressed ( till yesterday) for about 5 years now . Mind you being a lazy sod helps...
Well bugger me, it is simple :rofl:

I too have the lazy gene... now, if I can just work out how to pay for the pub lunch and the large malt... :rofl:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
pubrunner said:
Hi there,

Have you tried this site ?

http://www.findmysoft.com/drivers/publisher/Acer/

It has loads of Acer drivers, including Modem drivers.

Is it a modem router or an older 'dial-up' modem ? If it is a dial-up modem, I'm sure I've a couple going spare; I could post one to you with the required drivers if required. They are a straight forward install.

If it is a dial-up modem, look at the chipset - there should be a name on there such as conexant. You could then do a new search for those drivers.

Thanks a bunch Pubrunner, I just downloaded everything on that site relating to the Aspire 9300 in the hope that if I stick the flashdive in at startup, I might get a hit. And thanks too for the very kind offer of a dial up modem. I think the modem in it found the network in my house all by itself ( no security :rofl: ) not sure what kind of modem that makes it?)

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
NickM said:
Well bugger me, it is simple :ohmy:

I too have the lazy gene... now, if I can just work out how to pay for the pub lunch and the large malt... :rofl:

See told ya!! It's two meals for £5 at my local so I try to meet a friend who works and who has a social conscience about incipient insolvency. And make it a small malt then, one bottle lasts ages if you just moisten your lips and inhale the fumes.:rofl:

domtyler

Über Member
bobg said:
Thanks a bunch Pubrunner, I just downloaded everything on that site relating to the Aspire 9300 in the hope that if I stick the flashdive in at startup, I might get a hit. And thanks too for the very kind offer of a dial up modem. I think the modem in it found the network in my house all by itself ( no security :rofl: ) not sure what kind of modem that makes it?)

Are you sure you mean modem Bob and not Wireless Network Card?

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
domtyler said:
Are you sure you mean modem Bob and not Wireless Network Card?

:rofl::blush::rofl: What ho Dom, Whatever the f.... things called that connects it to the internet :ohmy: I'm struggling here, I still listen to the wireless, clean my shoes every morning and eat my dinner up at the table!!

domtyler

Über Member
bobg said:
:rofl::blush::ohmy: What ho Dom, Whatever the f.... things called that connects it to the internet :biggrin: I'm struggling here, I still listen to the wireless, clean my shoes every morning and eat my dinner up at the table!!

I'm beginning to understand how this little situation arose now! :rofl::biggrin:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
domtyler said:
I'm beginning to understand how this little situation arose now! :rofl::rofl:

Sex and holidays Dom:biggrin::biggrin:.

I do my best amidst changing times .I just opened my big mouth to my daughter and said I'd do my best to fix it. How as I to know it didnt wind up and have a needle....

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Just for info, you shouldn't need to go to Linux to get an ok machine, I have an Asus eee 1000H with 1Gb RAM, and that runs XP fast enough.

What moron at Acer who thought it was a good idea to give people the option of Vista on a 1Gb machine is beyond me!

Ben

Top Bottom