AFC Wimbledon - congratulations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I saw Palace play Wimbledon at Selhurst. Palace had Attilio Lombardo. The 'Dons had Vinny Jones. At the end of the game a Palace fan said to me 'f*** me, I thought we were shoot. You're worse.'

postman

Legendary Member
Lets see if Leeds can do you a FAVOUR.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
my first ever football match I attended was Wimbledon at Plough Lane, it was against Kettering, in 1974. A couple of weeks later I went to Stamford Bridge to see Chelsea play against Aston Villa... and that was it, no comparison... I was a confirmed Blues fan. My older brother has stuck with Wimbledon/AFC Wimbledon all these years though.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ianrauk said:
A couple of weeks later I went to Stamford Bridge to see Chelsea play against Aston Villa... and that was it, no comparison... I was a confirmed Blues fan. My older brother has stuck with Wimbledon/AFC Wimbledon all these years though.

Saw John Terry in a curry house in Esher on Saturday night, he said to pass on his thanks for the support! :rolleyes:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
'Tis a wind-up, Dave!

If you'd read some of my exchanges with PaulB you'd have seen/understood that!

Anyone who knows me will tell you I don't have a racist bone in my body!

Except it isn't a wind up is it? It's racism masquerading as a wind up and we've seen other postings on here attesting to your bigotry and ignorance. It's the second time you've been outed to my knowledge and I'd just love to have heard your description of Nabil El-Zhar before you were called on it.

PaulB said:
Except it isn't a wind up is it? It's racism masquerading as a wind up and we've seen other postings on here attesting to your bigotry and ignorance. It's the second time you've been outed to my knowledge and I'd just love to have heard your description of Nabil El-Zhar before you were called on it.

And once again you're talking out of your fukkin arse, pal!

Bigotry and ignornace! You know ALL about that! Along with arrogance, insensitivity, and being patronising and condescending!

I've never heard of Nabil El-Zhar, nor do I care who he is or what he does.

I'm a Spurs fan of 40+ years. The club (like so many) has a history (during those last 40 years) of having had many foreign players. Argentinians (I was at White Hart Lane for the home debut of Ardiles and Villa in 1978), Germans (Klinnsmann and Freund to name but two), Spaniards (Nayim being Spanish-Moroccan) and a host of others.

As long as a sportsman plays the game in the true spirit and fairly I don't care where they are from.

Get that fukkin sack of spuds off your shoulder!

I sent a pm to you offering an olive branch, but you chose to ignore; fair enough.

I'll say here, though, that you are the biggest dick this forum has to offer! ;)

yello

Still.... I remember an absolutely brilliant midweek evening out at Selhurst against Wimbledon some 12 years ago. 2nd leg of a fizzy-pop cup semi. After a home 0-0 draw, we turned up in our thousands knowing we'd got a Wembley appearance ahead of us. We'd dicked the 'dons 3-1 at Selhurst. They'd played for the bore draw at our place in the 1st leg. Mistake, big mistake; away goals count double. The game was always ours and it was party time from the off. They scored first but did that dampen spirits dampen? Hell no! I reckon our fans outnumbered theirs and we certainly made more noise. The singing just did not stop! Then the now Leeds manager scored only his 2nd ever goal for us that season and that was it - game over. The ref had to play out another 40 minutes plus extra time but as far as we were concerned, we were Wembley bound!

Ahhh... the good old days! :tongue:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Makes sense! Saw them at Selhurst Park against Man City when Keegan was in charge and there wasnt much more than that then... we broke every ground attendance record in their 1st season in Combined Counties League with 3,000+ attendances whilst the MK Dons had sometimes less than 100 travelling to away games! I think 64 MK Dons fans went to Grimsby a few years back.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
......and now for the bad news. One of the clubs they've replaced in the Conference (or whatever it's called next year) is Weymouth. Which is, iirc, owned by the fans.

Slim

Über Member
A big thanks to all from myself and my fellow club owners (there's loads of us).

Bearing in mind this was supposed to be a "consolidation" year, I think we've pretty well.

I'm just a bit gutted I didn't make it to many games this year (family stuff to take care of).

Top Bottom