Airbnb - anyone used it? (Planning a trip to Tenerife)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mandragora

We're off on holiday to the Canaries - just booked the flights :wahhey: About this point, I'd usually scour the net for a half decent hotel as that's what my OH prefers, but I've persuaded him that we could look at a rental (looking at something through Owner's Direct was what I had in mind) - a friend's son has had, she tells me, some amazing holidays through Airbnb. Looking at the site just now, I think I've found a couple that looks like good possibilities, and I'll check all the small print about location/amenities etc before I finally commit, but, to be honest, the fact that the first thing they wanted when I made an enquiry was my credit card details, I started to get cold feet... Online reviews are full of warnings for owners, but can't see much one way or the other for renters other than that the reviews aren't that reliable. So - has anyone here used it, and if so, would you recommend it?

Alternatively: anyone got a little pad in Northern Tenerife, near a beach that they'd like me to house sit for a while in October?? I'll feed the cat for you...^_^

Last edited:
Top Bottom