Alan Wicker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Anyone else been watchinh these programmes? What a gent and a perfect illustration of how to elicit information from his interviewees without harassing or brow-beating.
Papa Doc Duvalier is in tonight's serving.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
rich p said:
Anyone else been watchinh these programmes? What a gent and a perfect illustration of how to elicit information from his interviewees without harassing or brow-beating.
Papa Doc Duvalier is in tonight's serving.
Absolutely brilliant. Worth the licence fee alone. If only modern day presenters could learn from his laid back 'less is more' approach.

Maz

Guru
What channel? Which programme? When? I liked the guy's style from what I've seen of him.

Priscilla Parsley

superb stuff, I love him I even have a vintage wickers world board game. very classy but he does stand a bit close to the ladies sometimes, all part of the charming process.

Maz

Guru
Dave5N said:
And there's me all my life thinking 'Alan Whicker' was cockney rhyming slang for slimey smarmy kiss-up-to-the -rich c*nt.
No. You must be thinking of Gareth Hunt.
new%2Bgambit.jpg

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
Bums. First I heard about it was reading this thread :laugh: Will it be on iPlayer I wonder?

Is it Journey of a Lifetime? - there are two 'up' at the moment.

BBC2. 9pm

He's returning to the places he visited in the 60's, 70's and 80's to re-meet the people he interviewed then. Very interesting to see how they've worn. I actually remember some from the first time round. The only place he chose not to return to was Haiti for obvious reasons - I suspect he's still persona non grata.
Next week he's off to the far east.

postman

Legendary Member
Quality television.

I hope they find the series on the Around the World holiday tour.

Featured two older sisters.

They were shattered when they visited India.

The poverty shook the whole party.

People sleeping and dying on the streets.

Top Bottom