Aldi Spring Cycle Stuff Next Thursday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
aldi wish list:

bike computer - just cos i want to know how far i've ridden more than anything else
waterproof for millie
chocolate fingers

just need to remember to go :biggrin:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
jackets look ok, gonna pass on the shorts as they are just not upto it if last years are anything to go by.

longers

Legendary Member
I'll check out the jackets, if they're as useful and hardwearing as the ones I got the year before last then they'll be good value for money.

dav1d

Living in Salford shopping precinct, I've got two Aldi's that are not too far away - one in Eccles, and one in Manchester Arndale, so hopefully, I'll be able to get some stuff before it's gone. Does anyone know what time the Eccles one closes at?

Plax

Guru
Auntie Helen said:
Anyone had an Aldi water bottle before? My current one is nearly a year old so should probably get the bin treatment because of any bacterial nasties. What's the plastic top like? Will it crumble away in no-time-at-all?

Me. I don't use it anymore. It rattled in my bottle cage and got on my nerves (I suppose if you keep the plastic one you won't have this problem). I also found the drinks nozzle bit not very good for drinking from (it was sturdy enough, hard plastic so no crumbling away). I prefer the plastic ones I got from Tesco's (Zefal ones).

I've got loads of socks after going OTT the last time. Think I'll get some short fingered gloves and a few short sleeved tops. If the ultra light jacket is any good I might get one of them to stash in the saddle bag for emergencies.

twosquarewheels

We've just come back from a successful pre sale night mission, 2 bottles, 1 gloves, 1 glasses.
Fair amount of equipment in Wollaston Aldi, didn't think alot of the cycling tops - pattern wise- so didn't bother.

Fill yer boots chaps.:biggrin:

stephec

Legendary Member
dav1d said:
Living in Salford shopping precinct, I've got two Aldi's that are not too far away - one in Eccles, and one in Manchester Arndale, so hopefully, I'll be able to get some stuff before it's gone. Does anyone know what time the Eccles one closes at?

There's one next to Morrisons behind Swinton shops as well.

Don't know the opening hours though!

Plax

Guru
I'm stuck at work for an extra hour today due to a course so haven't managed to get over yet. I'm hoping to cycle straight down from work so should get there about 18:30ish. No doubt there will be bugger all left, but at least I'll have had a nice long cycle out of it. Fingers crossed that there will at least be some small tops left.

Anyone got anything to comment on yet?

Bought two water bottles for carrying water for the dog when we are out on the bike. Personally I'm not keen on ali ones for myself because I can't squeeze them.

Top Bottom