Ali Express Experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Plus don't forget the glue that melts in British sunshine.

Well at least it's safe in that respect...

Realfunn2

I purchased several items from Ali Express over the last few months and overall I am generally satisfied with the quality of the products for the price. Good value overall.
In December, I bought an 11-28 cassette and on initial inspection it looked fine, a little heavier than I expected but fine.
I decided to install it today and got an unpleasant surprise. The first three sprockets were 11t,13t and 13t. Squint carefully at the photo. 12t was missing.
Contacted Ali Express and they said they would contact the vendor. We will see how it goes.

I'm willing to bet the 2nd sprocket is a 12t not a 13t. It looks smaller than the 13t behind it. Count teeth to verify.

OP
OP
srshultz

srshultz

There are indeed 2,13t’s

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0343.jpeg
    IMG_0343.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 40

albion

Guru
Got an appeal in with Aliexpress. Sent them the Evri email that admitted Evri had lost the package. Aliexpress still say that this is not strong enough evidence to grant a refund!

Made many purchases from Ali these last few years, and all either met or exceeded my expectations. That said, as with any online purchase, there's an element of risk, albeit a small one. Delivery times have been from a week to a month or so. Main advantage here is we don't get stung for customs/tax charges, as Thailand has a good working relationship with big brother.

One strange thing with Ali, up till recently I've had the option of paying in GBP, which suits me, but this seems to no longer be the case, unless I choose UK as the delivery destination.

Anyways, hope the op gets it sorted :okay:

OP
OP
srshultz

srshultz

Made many purchases from Ali these last few years, and all either met or exceeded my expectations. That said, as with any online purchase, there's an element of risk, albeit a small one. Delivery times have been from a week to a month or so. Main advantage here is we don't get stung for customs/tax charges, as Thailand has a good working relationship with big brother.

One strange thing with Ali, up till recently I've had the option of paying in GBP, which suits me, but this seems to no longer be the case, unless I choose UK as the delivery destination.

Anyways, hope the op gets it sorted :okay:

OP
OP
srshultz

srshultz

I made another effort to contact the vendor with no success. I found that individual 12t cogs are available and I ordered one for $2. That will solve the problem. Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
srshultz

srshultz

I bought enough other stuff to get the free shipping. Otherwise, it would have been more than the cog. ( As you might have surmised)🤗

Top Bottom