All riders-velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
ComedyPilot said:
What have I let myself in for?

An old (42) fat (getting slimmer) unfit (getting fitter) bloke that's never been on a track before!!!

Eeeeek

piece of cake mate?

colly

Re member eR
ComedyPilot said:
What have I let myself in for?

An old (42) fat (getting slimmer) unfit (getting fitter) bloke that's never been on a track before!!!

Eeeeek

I wouldn't worry. A mere stripling.

I have never been on a track before either and haven't ridden a fixed since I was about 14. I'm 57 now.:ohmy:

RedBike

I got myself a fixed wheel bike last week. OMG i'm lethal on it.
Worryingly it's not the first fixie i've owned.

I keep forgetting to pedal. Pot-holes, junctions, sharp bends. The list of places i naturally go into freewheel mode is getting longer all the time.

Naturally slow and hate heights so i'm no competition!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Redbike, track bikes don't have brakes either. I've not ridden a bike since Sunday, currently in legoland. Won't touch a bike till sat riding to the drone, and it's likely to be geared

Young Un

ONE MORE DAY:biggrin::biggrin:

I'm not going to be much competition either as I am racing tonight on an outdoor velodrome, which willl consist of four seperate races. Although my legs may get a sudden burst of strength if they sense competition:tongue:

Young Un

Landslide said:
Competition?

I'm going to give a whole new meaning to the term "wheelsucker"!

Haha, just be careful, I like to wheelcuck and then pull out in the last straight and trash them (actually that is enough of the fighting talk, because most likely I am just going to make a tit of myself come tomorrow)

Yup Will, your right, I just hope that it cools down a bit - I don't do being hot. 7 is a good time - racing is meant to start by then but it usually runs a little bit late, and I think coming down into the track centre is probably the best place to watch/talk to people.

Christopher

Über Member
getting our excuses in early I see!

I shall happen along aiming to arrive at 12:30. I assume I will be okay to borrow/hire a helmet from the Velodrome - as I don't want to lug a lid around town if I can help it...

i wil ve bringing engergy food and lots of water + rag for sweat - gonna get warm in there!

Young Un

I can't remember about helmets, and whther you can hire them, I don't think you can, so it might be worth making the effort to bring one just in case, but I may be wrong and please could someone correct me if I am.

Young Un

Just thought I would post this up for any track newbies to look at:

img003.jpg

Top Bottom