All Wool Socks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
With my Raynaud's chilblains issue with my toes ref. an earlier post, decided it may be a good idea to get some all wool socks for the Winter.
However, try finding all wool socks - ! Went to our local Go Outdoors and all they had was pairs of 80% wool, but @ £22.50 a pair after discount - ! :blush:
Have tried t'net, but the best I seem to be able to find, despite putting in 'all wool socks' in the search is about a 35% wool content. :wacko:
Any suggestions - ?

vickster

Legendary Member

Last edited:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Look for high wool content with loops on the inside, and wear thin smooth bamboo socks inside them. This is also a fairly sure way to eliminate blisters when wearing walking boots.

Sallar55

Veteran
All wool doesn't really work for socks. High wool content is the way to go.
This is correct. If you want toasty toes buy merino wool socks with a high % wool . I never wear overshoes in rain or winter , if its really cold a pair of Smartwool liners and a thick merino wool sock on top. Natural wool when wet retains the heat.

Last edited:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Merino wool socks shrink in a normal wash. If you get some I'd wash them in the sink in tepid water. I had some put them in the everyday wash and they came out and wouldnt fit a child.
I've got some wool socks from Hebtro co and whilst they were dear at £17.00 a pair they have lasted a couple of years upto now and havent shrunk either. I've got some Peter storm winter walking socks that are warm and not wool that were fairly inexpensive if you want to look at other options.
Check out Blacks online, they are selling wool socks for £9.00. https://www.blacks.co.uk/16202296/s...dition-zero-cushion-liner-crew-socks-16202296.

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Try these, my winter best buy!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30322708...tixoXeJTeO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
They have been excellent this winter when I've been doing construction work in all weathers.

Kept my feet tosty in fact too warm for usual wear!
Interesting I've had a lot less athlete's foot with these esp when I've had wet feet which is when I get flair ups. Perhaps the wool has a medicinal effect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom