Allergies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Monosodium Glutamate and all its precursors such as that found in whey protein. That and caffeine give me bad migraines. Codeine makes me go scarlet and rashy. Seeing grown men in replica football shirts, especially those who look like they're smuggling balls under them, that just overwhelms me with pity.

Chris James

Über Member
I seem to be (mildly) allergic to just about everything!

Cats, dust, pollen. I also have hay fever, eczema and have developed asthma at the grand old age of 37. I am thinking of getting myself one of those oxygen tents that Michael Jackson used to have and move in there (not with Michael though, I think I would be allergic to him too).

radger

Veteran
Nickel. I get a hideous weeping sore from any contact - I have to paint the rivets on my jeans where they come into contact with my skin, I can't wear cheap jewellery, I can't wear metal-buckled belts. Actually, I get a lot of dermatitis, source unknown

Mussels - which I discovered when I was working at an aquarium and we were breaking them up to feed to the fish. I got an unpleasant rash at the top of my legs - not from touching them, because I didn't, but from the mussel juice being absorbed through the skin on my palms ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Brazil nuts, 1 taste of the blighters and I turn into elephant man with a raging heart beat. Not a pleasent experience ;).

Bodhbh

Guru
Never been diagnosed with it, but pretty sure I'm allergic to some tree pollen or other as regularly seem to be ill with a 'cold' early summer.

Chris James

Über Member
radger said:
Nickel. I get a hideous weeping sore from any contact - I have to paint the rivets on my jeans where they come into contact with my skin, I can't wear cheap jewellery, I can't wear metal-buckled belts. Actually, I get a lot of dermatitis, source unknown

I feel your pain. I worked for 9 years as an engineer at a nickel plating company.

beancounter

Penicillin
Bananas

bc

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Cats make my arms itchy and my eyes watery (dogs are fine though). And I'm told I was rather ill from penicillin when I was 4yrs old, though I can only vaguely remember having swollen lips and eyelids and being in bed for ages.

Top Bottom