Am I the only one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
who finds the continuous bank adverts (Halifax/LLoyds TSB last night) distasteful at the moment given that we are paying £16k a head to bail them out?

I rang a bank manager on Monday to find out he was on holiday until the end of October. If it was my choice he would be on permanent holiday. :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have all all the bank adverts on TV distasteful anyway. Especially the Halifax singing ones and those very unfunny Nationwide comedy ones.

yello

ChrisKH said:
If it was my choice he would be on permanent holiday. :biggrin:

I know what you mean. If any of us messed up like some bank execs have of late then we'd be out the door. They, however, get bail outs and retain their jobs, inflated salaries and bonuses.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
ianrauk said:
I have all all the bank adverts on TV distasteful anyway. Especially the Halifax singing ones and those very unfunny Nationwide comedy ones.

I'm thinking of taking a contract out on Howard. (No smilie there)

domtyler

Über Member
TH1_11120083Halifax_Ad-1.jpg
41826_1.jpg

"Something tells me I'm in to something good!" :biggrin::bicycle:

yello

We get the same kind of inane ads for banks/insurance here in France too. There's some body of thought somewhere in advertising exec land that says to market a fundamentally dull product you have to make it seem sexy and exciting with singing and dancing. No you don't! You're just confirming that it's a dull product!

Anyway, since when has dancing been fun, bah humbug :biggrin:

domtyler said:

[rising urge to kill in the most sadistic and painful way possible]

wafflycat said:
Well thank you very much! I've now got that bloody awful advert tune going round in my head as an earworm I can't shake off. :biggrin::angry::biggrin:

But don't forget to do the shake and vac, and put the freshness back; and that eveyrone's a fruit and nut case. What's more did you know that most potatoes want to be smi-iths crisps, they want to be smi-iths crisps...:sad::bicycle:

domtyler

Über Member
wafflycat said:
Well thank you very much! I've now got that bloody awful advert tune going round in my head as an earworm I can't shake off. :sad::angry::biggrin:

I know, I know, unfortunately I seem to have infected myself at the same time!! :bicycle::angry::biggrin: :sad:

Top Bottom