An intruder in my house

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yeh, looks like a pic of a common garden spidey !!! Heh ..heh -

Yenners - did said spidey hitch a lift on the banana's !!! Thought it was a bit cold up 'ere - I know there are colonies of more exotic spidey's in the south !

helsbells

I just made the most undignified yelping sound when I saw that beast. Now the cats are looking at me funny....

wafflycat

A few years ago, I got a spider bite on my foot. Just a normal house spider...

But my foot swelled up to twice its size and same up to my knee. The site of the bite developed huge blister, rising from my foot to the height of a 50p edge-on and was bigger than that in area on the foot.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
wafflycat said:

But my foot swelled up to twice its size and same up to my knee. The site of the bite developed huge blister, rising from my foot to the height of a 50p edge-on and was bigger than that in area on the foot.

Flippin' 'eck Waffly, how big is your house?:smile:

yenrod

fossyant said:
Yeh, looks like a pic of a common garden spidey !!! Heh ..heh -

Yenners - did said spidey hitch a lift on the banana's !!! Thought it was a bit cold up 'ere - I know there are colonies of more exotic spidey's in the south !

God knows Foss BUT it did have a red mark on its black abdomen, smallish...

wafflycat said:

Where you in this country :smile:

Maz

Guru
wafflycat said:

bloody ell...I take it you had an allergic reaction to the bite, right? I'd start to doubt it was a common spider and start to think it was something that'd climbed out from a bunch of bananas!

longers

Legendary Member
I've been bit by a ladybird. I sat and watched it walk from my wrist to the inside of my elbow, when it got there it had a chomp. Little bugger!

Renard

Speicher said:
He could have been an elephant spider. It is no exageration that he was three inches wide. :smile: :smile:

You know who would've eaten it

xfdmrd.gif

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
Coincidentally, I took the tube home tonight and there was a spider running across the track at St James station that was around 3 inches long and all big and hairy. I'm local spider removal man, but I would have blanched at gettting that one out of the bath.

asterix

Comrade Member
wafflycat said:

So why aren't you now Spiderwoman? Wrong species, I guess:sad: The spider, not you..

Or maybe you are Spiderwoman and you're keeping it quiet??!

yenrod

bof said:
Coincidentally, I took the tube home tonight and there was a spider running across the track at St James station that was around 3 inches long and all big and hairy. I'm local spider removal man, but I would have blanched at gettting that one out of the bath.

Yeah, but was it 3" wide in the body or 3" wide to the legs ????

If its the former I'd imagine it to be a Tarantula !

tarantula--avicularia-metallica.jpg

wafflycat

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I despise spiders...really I cannot even read this thread ...yuck...!

Despite my reaction to a spider bite from the common-UK-house spider-type arachnid, I love spiders. Spiders eat the things you really don't want in your home. Spiders are wonderful creatures. For the most part :?:

Top Bottom