Another 20" wheeled e-trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Despite the nip in the air yesterday we went along to our little cafe for a mug of tea and slice of cake , on the way back ( using the 20/20 e-trikes ) I stopped to take this photo that shows the upper part of the zigzag .
nippy saltdean.jpg

The zigzag up the cliff face gets steeper on the second half so I tend to run and turn into the limited parking area before getting a run up for the final bit to the cliff top , a middie drive / crank drive would be of help but think of the strain on the chain and front boom !

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Just ordered a pair of these for the yellow trike
ABS plastic is my only concern especially if I am going to put some vinyl decals on them as the last abs item went brittle after I painted it
hard panniers1.JPG

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Your bigger problem is stopping both the plastic panniers otr anything you put in rattling. I know this from experience.

Hadn't thought of that - I will make and fit some bubble wrap liners in the pannier , hopefully I can secure the "boxes" using packing /spacers and very large washers to stop any splitting or tearing of the plastic by spreading the load - thanks

still waiting for delivery - tomorrow or Monday .

Still a little tinker time on the rear brake caliper and a seat bag today before the weekly shop .

regards emma

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Emma instead of using bubble wrap try and find some thin foam that you can glue in with a double layer at the base. An upholstery shop will probably have lots of off cuts for very little money.

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Next stage is to make some bobbins to stay the boxes away from the rack as the nearside ( left ) will foul the rear disc caliper and to add an extra vertical support to the rack so I can mount a horizontal one to pick up on the predrilled mounts .

I have found some 1" ( 25mm ) foam for the bottoms of both panniers .and I have some under floor insulation for the sides .
Nothing more until Monday, it's rest and relaxation time except for a trike into Brighton if the weather holds tomorrow ..

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks

Another week has passed and full of little opportunities , making a pair of adapter plates for the rack to accept the new "Harley style rear hard panniers " .
I bolted them together and cut them to shape so I would have an identical pair - shame the rack wasn't identical both sides - A little fettling and all was good . Coupled with another wait for the 25mm spacers to allow it to hang without fouling the rack supports having positioned it just above the rear caliper meant that they were not completely fitted until lunchtime today .
Only things left to fit is the speedo sensor to allow the controller to work out the correct road speed ( same as I did for the blue 20/20 )
and polish the panniers , you can already see your face in them
thinking.gif

Next week I need to clear the brambles so I can get to the small workshop at the top of the garden .

WP_20161014_11_53_13_Smart.jpg

WP_20161014_11_58_03_Smart.jpg

screenshot

regards emma

Attachments

• thinking.gif
    thinking.gif
    963 bytes · Views: 84
  • WP_20161014_11_53_13_Smart.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 83
  • WP_20161014_11_58_03_Smart.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 77
  • thinking.gif
    thinking.gif
    963 bytes · Views: 77
  • WP_20161014_11_53_13_Smart.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 90
  • WP_20161014_11_58_03_Smart.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
hi Steve
Yellow vinyl will be on order next , at least I can cut my own vinyl decals. The panniers came with a thin foam " bottom" so I made a couple of inch thick ones .
Until I clear a parking space it will have to stay on the bench.
I have the new single side spd / plain pedals to fit once the shakedown is complete.
regards Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
With temperatures between cold and ****** cold , not a lot has happened , I have ordered a new phifertex mesh seat from the local sail maker ( dont ask it's well over half a weeks pension ) as the original has started to split , she hopes to have it ready about the middle of January , The bungie cord has arrived as well as the cable ties . The mudguards are now fitted but its too cold for me to work in the garage for long without putting the calor stove on .
I have cut the yellow decals and they are awaiting fitting .
Hopefully more photos after christmas , and I can have a move around with the trikes , Still we have several DIY jobs at home to finish whilst jadis is on the scene. Also a little mischief is planed for xmas day if the weather is good .

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi Folks

Christmas came early for me.
My new mesh seat was finished early by the sailmaker ( due 2nd week in January ) . I have just driven over to Brighton Marina to collect it .
Now I have another job after Christmas to strip the seat , repaint it and fit the new mesh .

The mesh has PVC reinforcing along the edges to stop it splitting .

meshseat.jpg

You really don't want to hear how much it cost to have custom made !
mad.gif
.. but it was easily than me having a
taz.gif

thinking2.gif
gossip.gif
gossip.gif
thinking2.gif

Watch this space and Happy Christmas to everyone on the forum

xmas.gif
xmas.gif
cyclist.gif
juggle2.gif