Another mindless driver.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
On the way home today I had to go via B&Q to get a new mechanism for the bog, all went well going through a coned-off contra-flow round the bypass, people gave me plenty of room as the road tightened, went through a couple of large roundabouts, no issues there.

Everything's good, I've averaged 16mph on the way home which is mostly uphill and I'm fairly content. So I turn into the road that leads up to our road and I can hear a diesel behind me, it comes past close then brakes and swerves in front of me as the plum-pudding driving it waits to turn right into his close. It was a completely pointless overtake and forced me really close to the kerb until the road opened out to another residential junction where I passed him and shouted that I thought he as an 'effing tit' (tit seems to be my favoured insult at the moment).

He looked like a typical middle-aged meathead workie, and by the way he looked back he hadn't even considered me as another road user. Total twunt. As others have said, it seems to be the time of year for them.

gavintc

Guru
Yes, time of year. On my last 3 commutes, I have come across stupid driving, where I was just completely ignored. On all 3, I know they saw me as I caught them looking at me, they just turned into me as if I was completely ignorable. Funny thing was, I was telling me wife about a week ago, that the roads have improved and I had not had a close one in ages.

mknash

Is the phrase "meathead workie" aimed at all people with gainful employment? or is it an elitist thing aimed at those who use their hands for a living?

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
mknash said:
Is the phrase "meathead workie" aimed at all people with gainful employment? or is it an elitist thing aimed at those who use their hands for a living?

It's aimed at what he looked like. There's nothing wrong with using your hands for a living, I'm not elitist, he just looked like a dozy thwat. If he was wearing a suit I've had said something equally derogatory about that as he'd still look dozy!

mknash

not so much the meathead that confused as the "workie". A meathead is a meathead regardless of vocation.

But fair dos and i'm in a bad mood anyway so prolly venting in wrong directions.

good luck not getting run over tonight :blush:

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
mknash said:
not so much the meathead that confused as the "workie". A meathead is a meathead regardless of vocation.

But fair dos and i'm in a bad mood anyway so prolly venting in wrong directions.

good luck not getting run over tonight :blush:

Don't worry about it. I realised my terminology may raise a few eyebrows but I'm comfortable that I'm no workie-ist, I'm too used to defending my desk job to my dad who's a builder!

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
BentMikey said:
Ah, you're a shiny-bottom then.

You can see your face in it when I bend over! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom