Another newbie in the South West

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NeilM

Just popping in here to say hello.

New to the forum but not to bikes.

Although most of my stuff is 90's or earlier I do have a 29'er mtb and a 'plastic' KTM road bike.

I am a long time mtb'er turned more roadie these days and am just in the process of cutting my teeth in the world of touring.

I build, rather than buy and prefer to start with a bare frameset and then get all creative and practical, as all my bikes get ridden.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Hello Neil. Many years since I lived down there but, fond memories. Welcome along.

OP
OP
NeilM

NeilM

I'm not a native but I have been here long enough to be considered a local.

I'm not too far from the Mendip's, so plenty of countryside around me.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello Neil and welcome. You'll find many fans of older bikes on here in the vintage section so you'll feel right at home. Just picked up a nice 90's Colnago frame down here amazingly. Better still it was just £15!

Looking forward to your posts.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome. :welcome:

OP
OP
NeilM

NeilM

I have strong family links to the Highlands of Scotland and I go back every couple of years to ride. There is enough 'elevation' locally to make me feel right at home when I get into the Scottish hills.

Riding up and down them Mendips certainly helps with the old climbing legs and a little further down the road we have the Quantocks and West Somerset, now that is climbing county.

I have strong family links to the Highlands of Scotland and I go back every couple of years to ride. There is enough 'elevation' locally to make me feel right at home when I get into the Scottish hills.

Riding up and down them Mendips certainly helps with the old climbing legs and a little further down the road we have the Quantocks and West Somerset, now that is climbing county.

Certainly is! Welcome NeilM. :hello:

Top Bottom