Any Internet experts out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

you won't need php for gizmos. php is for the opposite of gizmos.

Depending on the intensity of the gizmos you won't to produce then investigate the following stuff:

-CSS (cascading style sheets)
-javascript (and special libraries for gizmos)
-flash

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
NO NO NO that's not what I want. I want to convert an existing html page, (with an established CSS) into a php page to access the site's database and run those quirky little php scripts for fun effects for fox sake.

Abitrary

Dave5N said:
NO NO NO that's not what I want. I want to convert an existing html page, (with an established CSS) into a php page to access the site's database and run those quirky little php scripts for fun effects for fox sake.

oh my oh my. You want to put database stuff on the back end. Fair play... php will be the easiest option for you.

If you are unsure of what you are doing, however, then I'd investigate securing it against sql injection attacks - well at least the basic ones.

MickL

Über Member
mickle said:

;)

thomas

the tank engine
Dave5N said:
Abs, the rest of the site is largely php - just want to catch it all up. I'd ask you, but you're so rarely sober these days...

to convert a .html page or a php page just change the file extension to .php

You can then use whatever php code you want on the page and the server will run it...just stick it in php tags

PHP:
<?php 
//blah blah blah  
?>

Once you've made the server aware that it may need to run php on the page, what do you need to do now?

Top Bottom