Any Rockabilly Rebels in the house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Mark Lamarr. He goes on record-buying trips to Amrika with a mate of mine and that's the 1950s throwback's scene. Daddyo.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
That looks like a great gig, Mr Curtain! Imelda is great looking too... might see her in the Toon on 7th June if me and the missus can blag an evening out together...

A mate got tickets to see a rock n' blues band in Stockholm many years ago.
When we got there, I discovered to my horror that it was a rockabilly gig! :biggrin:

It was the best concert I've been to.

So if you could recommend some rockabilly bands I'll be grateful. :smile:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Dayvo said:
A mate got tickets to see a rock n' blues band in Stockholm many years ago.
When we got there, I discovered to my horror that it was a rockabilly gig! :biggrin:

It was the best concert I've been to.

So if you could recommend some rockabilly bands I'll be grateful. ;)
tbh, I'm not up on current 'billy bands; I used to mix with a rockabilly crowd when i was much much younger (there were a couple of pubs that catered for it where I lived then... this was the early 80s, I guess)... have you got 'spotify' on your 'puter? If you have, just search for rockabilly, and there's a great selection. I'm 'specially keen on Mac Curtis, Link Wray, Robert Gordon, and all sorts of American bands... like a bit of doo wop too...

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Dayvo said:
The only band I remember was the Stray Cats! Listening to it now on youtube! ;)

And so can you:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rowbf-0tCcA

Ah, I love the Stray Cats... me and my then girlfriend (1980-1982) had matching Cats T-shirts (with massive fluorescent Cats cartoon on the front), and each others names embroidered on the arms... :biggrin::blush::biggrin::blush::biggrin::blush:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Renard said:
Used to like the Meteors and King Kurt when I was younger.
I once saw the Meteors in a tiny club in Spain...just happened to be passing by, and noticed they were on... dragged my chums in... the Spaniards I was with took a little convincing, but by the end, they were moshing in the pit with the best of 'em... ;)
Not my fave 'billy band, but I'd not heard any in a while, and was missing anything British...

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
It's for threads like this that god invented Spotify.

Cut and paste a name and bish bosh - you can listen to someone new. How good is that?

Top Bottom