Anybody else wimp out today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

.. I got all kitted up got 100m down the road and the heavens opened and the arctic wind hit. The bike felt scatty and then the seatpost slipped again...too bloody cold...not in the mood...painful wrist still....then wvm appearred at speed too close and I decided the chances of dieing today would be reduced at home. Please call me wimp:sad:

Mr Phoebus

The other day I was really having to fight the side wind gale-force gusts to stay on my bike.
Today the really strong gusts have returned. :smile:
It's no fun down that busy wide open Cov Road into B'ham.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
It was cold wasn't it? I wasn't sure at first, I thought I'd suddenly got even softer. I had a great big gap between my jersey sleeves and my armwarmers (all the longs in the wash), it was murder.

And I got doored. I was a silly sod; squeezing up the inside at a juntion. Mildly sore wrist is all.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I didn't wimp out but my bike did! I'd just changed chains and decided to go out in the sunshine for a couple of hours. It was pretty cold, but I was wrapped up warm so I was anticipating a nice ride. I came to the first hill and the new chain started slipping - damn, I'd left the old one on too long and worn out the cassette :whistle:. I had to turn round and head for home or I'd have buggered the new chain as well...

Top Bottom