Anybody going to watch the Eurovision Song Contest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I didn't watch the Semi 1 but listened on Radio, I think Ireland didn't make it or i misheard.:ohmy:

Some of the entrants are also in metal bands so need to track those down, wasn't listening 100%.

I didn't watch the Semi 1 but listened on Radio, I think Ireland didn't make it or i misheard.:ohmy:

Some of the entrants are also in metal bands so need to track those down, wasn't listening 100%.

Ireland sadly didn't make it - but their fans were still having a ball. Partying on a school night ? Crazy times. But very entertaining.

You're probably right, I just noticed it was a gated entry and there was a big queue. Probably just security as there were armed police hanging around.

Definitely free tonight even though there was a semi final televised. Still lots of space - bars, food, merchandise. Was a great night and warm as well ! Great to see so many nationalities having a good time.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Ireland sadly didn't make it - but their fans were still having a ball. Partying on a school night ? Crazy times. But very entertaining.

My better half was in hysterics at the Irish singer's jump suit; it was very tight. He appeared to be attempting an adjustment mid-song.

Apart from that, I was pleasantly surprised; haven't ever watched a semifinal show before.

pawl

Legendary Member
NO

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Absolutely watching it, its bonkers, camp kitchs, brilliance.

A.lot of you miserable curmudgeoners are completely missing the point.

Yes it's just sillyness and they know it. Why do people never see this?

It has been going for 60/70 years now, so if you are STILL getting your knickers in a twist over it now, then may I suggest you take up a hobby, like, Cycling or something!

It's doing nobody any harm, so get over it! 🙄

It's also more important- meeting other nationalities. So many visitors in Liverpool at the moment and everyone seems to be having a good time. It's joyous to see. And all thanks to Mr Putin !

Venod

Eh up
Yes it's just sillyness and they know it. Why do people never see this?

I realised this many years ago when I first came across the contest, I also realised it wasn't funny or the least bit interesting, as far as I can see nothing has changed, except maybe the adoption of it by the LGBT community, which is great if that's your thing,
I think it was supposed to be a serious song contest in the early years.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I realised this many years ago when I first came across the contest, I also realised it wasn't funny or the least bit interesting, as far as I can see nothing has changed, except maybe the adoption of it by the LGBT community, which is great if that's your thing,
I think it was supposed to be a serious song contest in the early years.

The first one was done as an experiment in live international broadcasting. Must have blown people's minds in 1951! It's still a fairly impressive feat, though live international programming is hardly unique these days.

I get what you're saying about the LGBT community, as it does embrace/exaggerate certain aspects of it, but I look at it as being a celebration of inclusivity for all. Like, where else are you going to get bands like Buranovskiye Babushka and Jedward on the same night?!

Top Bottom