Anyone buy contact lenses online?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Where did you buy them from? I need disposable daily use ones...I've used Focus Dailies in the past and like them. Went to ask my optician and they were £90 for 90 pairs, hence £1/pair. I thought that was a bit steep.

Any recommendations?

Regards
Maz

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes mate,
I use the same as you
get mine from here http://www.contactlenses.co.uk
£62 for 90 days worth

Greedo

I did once and went to book a consultation. Changed my mind after seeing that the majority of people working there had specs on. :ohmy:

User3143 said:
Ever thought of laser surgery?

dav1d

Greedo said:
I use monthlys. £14 per month. Never had any hassle and always turn up on time!

That seems a bit steep to me. I use Toric lenses (as I have an agstigmatism) and only pay £15 per month and that includes the solution with Specsavers. If I didn't have an agstigmatism, I would be paying £10 per month.

Greedo

I think you'll fin it's the latter. One of the funniest guys on here IMHO

User3143 said:
I can't work out if you are serious or just have a very dry sense of humour, either way - never mind.

dav1d said:
That seems a bit steep to me. I use Toric lenses (as I have an agstigmatism) and only pay £15 per month and that includes the solution with Specsavers. If I didn't have an agstigmatism, I would be paying £10 per month.
Toric dailies here from Specsavers. I think mine are £25 a month, but that's because my eyes don't like the cheaper monthly continuous wear type that I had before. :ohmy:

It's worth remembering that the charge for somewhere like Specsavers or Boots also includes regular checkups and aftercare. I've had some trouble over the last couple of years and the Specsavers branch in Torquay have been excellent in sorting me out. I'd be very reluctant to save a few quid at the expense of losing that expert assistance.

Laser eye surgery is very expensive, but cheaper in the long term than contacts (iirc, from when I last looked into it). Doesn't last forever thoug (what happens when it stops being effective, do you have to do it again or do you have to revert to lenses?) and the thought of anything being done to my eyes freaks me out.....

Top Bottom