anyone heard of free mobiles 4u?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
a company, free mobiles 4U rang millie up and bombarded her with information and have sold her a phone contract saying they'll buy out her existing one (i'm doubtful already)

wandered if anyone knows of them or had dealings with them?

i'll be back later to say how dodgy they look and how i've gotten on with canceling it :rolleyes:

oxbob

OP
OP
Black Sheep
yeh, i've found that link too

my current thoughts are to not collect and return the phone thats been sent (apparently they've sent a damaged one????????)

the paperwork just looks dodgey from the badly typed letter of cancellation to be sent to whatever network company one is with, giving addresses including carphone wherehouse but missing out phones4u that she's with at the mo

the pixelated header on the letter (something that no design department would be happy putting out)

the website doesn't even list handsets or tarrifs but says to ring them

managed to find a site for their web host saying their domain is up for renewal!

it just doesn't seem quite right

I will never buy anything when they try and sell me stuff that way.Sometimes it seems too good to be true which means it generally is.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
if it's anything to do with phones4u then don't touch it with a ten foot pole. Not unless you want your bank details sold to some scrote in Stoke-on-Trent

OP
OP
Black Sheep
they apparently can't let me cancel it as i'm not my partner
the fact that i'm ringing because my partner starts work before they open and finishes work after they open doesn't help

apparently me ringing up, telling them the reference number and her name to cancel it is against data protection so they can't do anything

how is that data protection? if anything its me giving the information out

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Get in touch with Rouge Trader, Watchdog or the like.
Pushing tin said:
they apparently can't let me cancel it as i'm not my partner
the fact that i'm ringing because my partner starts work before they open and finishes work after they open doesn't help

apparently me ringing up, telling them the reference number and her name to cancel it is against data protection so they can't do anything

how is that data protection? if anything its me giving the information out

Top Bottom