Anyone here from Avonmouth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
I like the cranes - they look like dinosaurs from a distance (like from the sea walls on the downs), plus I can just see the wind turbines out of the window at home with the Brecon Beacons in the background.

Davidc

Guru
User1314 said:
I notice that Avonmouth is near Portishead. Maybe that's why Portishead only write grumpy songs.

Probably write them when the wind's from the NE

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Rob S said:
I feel it's time to point out I was joking.:ohmy:

There's only one thing more depressing than cycling through Avonmouth and that's doing it at the weekend when everything is deserted!:biggrin:

I'm not - I kind of like the architectural bleakness of some of it... would be good to photograph it in B&W. However I wouldn't want to live there - though it is one of the few places in Bristol that is flat!!!

You do see kids on bikes there but they quickly see them as a progression onto those mini motors or even the bigger ones. Any adult on a bike tends to either be on a BMX or a Mountain bike unless they are passing through doing a JOGLE I suppose.

Cheddar George

oober member
We have always referred to people from Avonmouth as the "trolls that live under the bridge" ............ in the current economic climate they can't get out due to all the Japanese cars parked there.

Davidc

Guru
Cheddar George said:
We have always referred to people from Avonmouth as the "trolls that live under the bridge" ............ in the current economic climate they can't get out due to all the Japanese cars parked there.

Didn't know anyone admitted to it. They always say they live in Shirehampton.

Top Bottom