Anyone tried Soreen Toastie Loaf?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I was lured by the notion of eating toasted Soreen.

Having tried it I'm quite happy to leave the rest of the pack uneaten. It's not unpleasant just unremarkable.

Give me a normal malt loaf sliced longitudinally, buttered and eaten in one sitting any day.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Sounds really nice for some reason

Its a no no then :/

>>>>>>>>> Goes adding malt loaf to shopping list for grilled experience.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Sounds really nice for some reason

Its a no no then :/

>>>>>>>>> Goes adding malt loaf to shopping list for grilled experience.

There is a toast specific variety....

Soreen-Toastie-Loaf.jpg

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I love toasted Soreen with lashings of melted butter but I've yet to try the toastie loaf version as I only discovered it in Saisbury's at the weekend. I currently have half a sliced Soreen on top of the microwave and two of the whole loaves in the freezer. Addicted, moi?

theloafer

Legendary Member
sorreen is ok but i make my own ...:thumbsup: easy peasey its far better...:hungry:

BRANFLAKE LOAF
More delicious than shop bought malt loaf and so easy to fling together
a child can do it. This must be one of the only cake mixtures that looks and tastes
pretty revolting in the bowl, but honestly, the end result is well worth the complete lack of effort...

Best sliced thinly and eaten with butter or jam.
1 mug of Kellogg's All-Bran
1 mug of either currants, mixed dried fruit or sultanas
1 mug of milk
1 mug of self-raising flour
A generous half-mug of caster or soft brown sugar

Method
1. Put everything except the flour in a large bowl and leave the mixture to stand for about an hour.
2. Grease and long-strip-line a standard size loaf tin and pre-heat the oven to approximately Gas Mark 3 (160 C)
3. Sift the flour into the soggy mixture, stir it in well and pour the whole lot into the loaf tin, spreading it evenly up to the sides.
4. Bake in a cool oven for about an hour and a half, until a skewer or sharp knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.

Top Bottom