Anyone used http://www.rxsport.co.uk/

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
For prescription cycling glasses?
I am considering an extremely expensive pair of transitions Oakleys and they seem to have the best price especially with £50 off until the end of the month

I havent yet but I will be using them in the future to replace the (much) cheaper ones I broke in an accident. They seem much better quality than the ones I got off ebay a while back. The RX ones all seem to be glazed lenses while the ones I had where a glazed insert that sat between the glasses and your face.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I think Oakley are direct glazed unlike say Optilabs (which aren't actually that much less)

The Bottle rocket I am looking at are around £260 with the discount which actually isn't too bad as non prescription are £100. Boots charge £350+ for Rx Oakleys :ohmy:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
My other half used them for a pair of Rudy Project prescription lenses, And i bought a pair of Rudy transition glasses, we had no probs with either pair. they arrived very quickly.:thumbsup:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Got my Rudy Projects with prescription insert from them not long ago and I've got a home trial pack and some spare lenses on the way. Good service and very friendly on the phone.

Ern1e

Über Member
I just got my last pair of perscription spec's done with the transitions lenses it added £30 to the total cost and I always have them with me so no need for seperate sunglasses.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks guys :smile: Going to be another expensive month (but I have been dithering about this all year) :wacko:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My local optician had some very smart looking cycling glasses with lens inserts for about £75 including the lens inserts being made to my prescription.

I was sorely tempted.. I'd broken an arm on my Norville SRX's at the time. The replacement arm for £11 was better value.

Mike Harbord opticians in Winterbourne if you would like to give them a call.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I ordered some Oakleys from them over the weekend, confirmed my prescription on Tuesday so hopefully I'll get them next week. Good service thus far. Decided given the cost to pay the extra £6 for special delivery over RM tracked due to the cost and as I'm not home every day

Ended up around £260 for Bottle Rockets with transitions lenses (would be £350 from Boots)

Top Bottom