Apology to all.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Im now baking a pie with not just one but two large crows plucked and gutted to scoff in one helping. :biggrin:
The reason is over the last year I have been inside my own little commutes bubble. But today I took the main road out of darlington to aycliffe on my way to meet theloafer to sign the covetted CC jersey. It was a very large eye openner to which I owe some of you a very large apology, as I was argumentative about road position and had my own blinkered view on it.
The number of times a wagon or bus or even car passed so close I felt it, or was squeezed at a narrow was unbelievable, there were good passes too, but there were a lot that were pretty bad.
It was my ignorance of not being on a busy main road for so long that led me to falsely believe some were exagerating.
No excuses just a heart felt apology to you all, you included mags, Im so sorry for being so ignorant of what its really like out there, Iv been off the roads too long and I have a lot to relearn. :biggrin:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Mmmmmm......crow pie......cor!:biggrin:

Fair enough. Apology accepted.

You were on my ignore list, but the post heading intrigued me so I thought I would have a look.

Consider yourself removed from my ignore.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Thank you, I was hoping you would accept my apology, again Im sorry to have underestimated and being ignorant of real main roads that are busy. My commute is a different world even when I thought it was busy compared to these, and have been woken with a very large bump.
In the between five and ten years layoff(real main roads) Iv had, the vehicle population seems to have doubled or more, I cant remember it ever being as busy or full of bad driving. Over the last year or more the commute route I have been taking is a main road, but its obvious to me now that it isnt the way most traffic goes, so have had a false illusion of just how bad it is.
Even when in my car, I didnt notice the difference as Im part of it and hadnt given it a second thought.
Theloafer suggested a different route back to town, as he avoids that particular road just for that reason, so adding a good few miles to my round trip, but what a nice road it was.
Hard lesson learned, but what a great ride out on my Royal, very comfy and geared nicely I find, just have to try the viruoso now with a similar mileage :biggrin:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
User76 said:
I can't believe you've sold out you bloody turncoat!! You'll buying Thomas's second hand camera and posting crap one sided vids in Commute next:headshake:

Iv said all along that there is a place for cams, and will cycle the way I have done before, just it seems I need to be more assertive more often than I ever would have expected.

Someone made a point on my commute video that hadn't occurred to me before, when folk were suggesting that I 'look' for trouble. He said 'You appear to go out of your way to avoid trouble and congestion.'

He was commenting on the route I take. If I was looking for trouble, anyone who knows the area could tell you, that I should continue going down Crow Road and Balshagray Avenue. I don't. I can assure you, if I did that at the rush hour (that's when I commute) I would probably have close pass footage every day. However, right at the start of commuting I decided to take a detour via Jordanhill (nice area, crap roads), and I still take that, to this day (except Sundays where I have the freedom of the road!:biggrin:).

So there was proof all along that I have been avoiding conflict as best I could, but I didn't think of it myself.

Maggot, there aren't sides, at least there shouldn't be. We all use the road, so we should all learn to share it. It needs give and take from everyone, including me.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Someone made a point on my commute video that hadn't occurred to me before, when folk were suggesting that I 'look' for trouble. He said 'You appear to go out of your way to avoid trouble and congestion.'

He was commenting on the route I take. If I was looking for trouble, anyone who knows the area could tell you, that I should continue going down Crow Road and Balshagray Avenue. I don't. I can assure you, if I did that at the rush hour (that's when I commute) I would probably have close pass footage every day. However, right at the start of commuting I decided to take a detour via Jordanhill (nice area, crap roads), and I still take that, to this day (except Sundays where I have the freedom of the road!:smile:).

So there was proof all along that I have been avoiding conflict as best I could, but I didn't think of it myself.

Maggot, there aren't sides, at least there shouldn't be. We all use the road, so we should all learn to share it. It needs give and take from everyone, including me.

This is true, there are no sides for me either, we had dissagreements over certain incidences, of which I went too far, sorry about that. :biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
User76 said:
I can't believe you've sold out you bloody turncoat!! You'll buying Thomas's second hand camera and posting crap one sided vids in Commute next:headshake:

LOL Looking forward to the next offering on "roundabouts" :biggrin:

Top Bottom