Are we harming ourselves?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sutts

The Daily Mail (I don't read newspapers and if I did, it wouldn't be that one!) has a section today on exercise and in particular cyclists who are harming themselves by doing too much exercise.

I have never felt so good to be honest and I considering that I only amble along at 14-15 mph, I rarely put the heart under any undue stress, I wouldn't have thought. I'm sure none of us are going to stop, but is it doing us more harm than good?

uclown2002

Guru
:popcorn:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hmmm, article in the Daily Wail suggesting cycling is bad for you? The motoring correspondents trying to justify their inactivity perhaps?;)

stevey

Guru
I took up cycling in august 2012 to lose a bit of weight was 15.5 stone, 16 months later and 3.5 stone lighter i am the lightest and fittest i have ever been EVER.

So if cycling too much is doing you harm i would hate to see what drinking 15-20 pints of ale/lager/cider topped off with a kebab at the w/end does to the most people,

Including those who complain about getting fat but do nothing about it except watch x factor and slob on the settee..... :cursing: Rant over.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Sounds like this newspaper is trying to discourage cycling. We have newspapers like that down under too, unfortunately :sad:. I've averaged about 10,000 miles cycling annually for about 4 years now, and the only 'harm' it appears to have done me is to make me look and feel about 10-15 years younger than I really am.

Davidc

Guru
I was told by a cardiologist a few years back that the reason I'm still alive is because I was fit and took much more exercise than most people my age. The exercise was almost entirely cycling.

The Mail is as accurate as usual!

Top Bottom