Arse depilation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok folks, those of a sensitive nature, look away now....

I have an epic ride planned for September (370 miles in 40 hours). I also have a hairy arse.

Now, I'm wondering if it would be wise to depilate (using Veet or similar) the actual crack area. The logic being that it will be cleaner, less sweaty and less likely to chafe during the ride. This in addition to applying bum cream btw.

Do you long distance types have any thoughts?

Cheers,
Chuffy

e-rider

crappy member
Have you suffered from those problems in the past? If not, I wouldn't start 'experimenting' just before a 370 mile epic!

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
370 miles with sphincter stubble? No thanks!
It doesn't grow back that fast!

@Tumblybumblybloke - Not as such, but I do suffer from *ahem* those bits of bog-roll that catch in one's arse hairs and chafe. Which could be a bit of an issue on such a long ride. I've done any number of day long rides but nothing approaching this, it's easily double my previous longest effort. I don't want to risk riding the last third with a sore crack. :ohmy::cry:

longers

Legendary Member
There's a no holds barred account of why someone doesn't think you should try this here. If you're of a sensitive nature, don't click.

longers

Legendary Member
I'd take babywipes and use them and perhaps a change of shorts with spare cream to apply after a wash and dust off.

e-rider

crappy member
It doesn't grow back that fast!

@Tumblybumblybloke - Not as such, but I do suffer from *ahem* those bits of bog-roll that catch in one's arse hairs and chafe. Which could be a bit of an issue on such a long ride. I've done any number of day long rides but nothing approaching this, it's easily double my previous longest effort. I don't want to risk riding the last third with a sore crack. :ohmy::cry:

try having a shower/bath just before the ride to remove such items!

f***ing hilarious! Just man up and get it waxed!
eek2.gif

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
There's a no holds barred account of why someone doesn't think you should try this here. If you're of a sensitive nature, don't click.

:eek::eek::stop::cry:

Noodley

:stop:

:rofl: :rofl:

It was bad enough when I decided it was a good idea to depilate my underarm hair - I arrived at work and had to apologise for the blood stains on my shirtwhich has seaped through, and had to walk around with my arms stuck out like one of them body builders for a few days....

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i find it amazing that you don't wash after a poo. i've always done it and thought every clean person did, errgghh the thought of clinkers on lycra... xx(

must sound like velcro when pulling them off after a ride

Top Bottom