Arshavin - what a dood!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Anyone see Arshavin on MoTD tonight pointedly telling the ref 'no penalty' after he was (not) fouled? I've never seen that in all the years I've been watching footie. Respect.

Dave5N

Über Member
[quote name='swee'pea99']Anyone see Arshavin on MoTD tonight pointedly telling the ref 'no penalty' after he was (not) fouled? I've never seen that in all the years I've been watching footie. Respect.[/quote]

I've spent years wishing players would do that. Surprised PR agents haven't been actively promoting it TBH

yenrod

Ive been watchin' footy for years & Im surprised that some players aren't in corry or Eastenders...

Radius

SHREDDER
rich p said:
I think I remember I Robbie Fowler doing something similar but I may be mistaken.

Yes, against David Seaman.

Fair play to him if he really meant that, better than diving all over the place.

Keith Oates said:
Who's Arshavin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not me, I just do my scrote! ;)

I didn't see it, but I like to see sportsmen play fair.

A bit like Adam Gilchrist, the Australian Test cricketer, who always walked after edging a ball to a fielder, instead of standing his ground like most of his ilk.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Everything I see and hear about that lad makes me like him more and more, despite the pain of watching him at Anfield a couple of weeks ago. He took the time to learn about Portsmouth the city before Arsenal's game there and was able to tell interviewers about the history of the place and how much he enjoyed the coastline on the way in on the team bus! I wouldn't swap our main forward, like but any fan would be proud to have Arshavin in their team.

Funtboy

[quote name='swee'pea99']Anyone see Arshavin on MoTD tonight pointedly telling the ref 'no penalty' after he was (not) fouled? I've never seen that in all the years I've been watching footie. Respect.[/quote]

The man is a true gent. As pointed out, Fowler did it against Seaman a few years back. I would kill to have someone like Arshavin at Sunderland, as opposed to the gutless, spinless tossers that currently have the audacity to wear the shirts at the moment. In fact North East football as a whole is a frigging joke at the moment.

Top Bottom