Assos F1 Mille

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've worn these for at least 12 years - 4 pairs in that time.

They are on offer direct from Assos at £127 (£30 less than I paid 2 years ago!). No other stockists appear to have them.

Does anyone know if this is because Assos is going direct or because the line is discontinued and Assos are clearing old stock? Posts on some sites suggest this is the case

I'm wondering whether to buy more than the one pair I urgently need. Rule 53 applies.

Ajay

Veteran
The Mille has been dropped from the range, or eliminated as Assos put it.

mattobrien

Guru
As said above there has been a change in the range, they have moved to their 'game changer' S7 shorts, the Mille being replaced by the Cento. Having both the Mille and Cento, I must say the Cento seem to be a nicer short, but then the Mille are a little older now.

If I were in your position I'd give the Cento a try to see if you like them.

OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thanks for the comments. Matt can you expand on the difference between the two shorts? It would help me decide. Comfort is my number one priority.

mattobrien

Guru
@PaulSB looking at the two pairs side by side (and I mean I have got them next to each other);
Probably a slightly longer leg in the cento, the Mille have a mesh back and the cento have a narrower non-mesh back, the cento has a specific different material to make a pouch to house the gentleman equipment and the material feels a little more compressive / nicer. The pad feels more sturdy / thicker on the cento, but that may be as one is four years old. Nothing wrong with the Mille, but I haven't worn them since getting the cento.

I recently completed the double Dunwich Dynamo (224 miles) wearing the cento's and would love to say it was a pain free experience. They were great, but I was riding at a slower pace than usual (we average 16.7, where 19-20 would have been more comfy for me), so got tender after c. 150 miles. Had we have ridden faster less weight would have been on my behind and I would have been fine. Not an issue with the shorts I think.

I do mean to wear the Mille more, but seeing me as I have nicer shorts, I haven't since getting the cento's

Hope that helps

Matt

Top Bottom