Auf Wiedersehen Pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Brilliant programme. Bought them all on video 15 years ago and gave them to a mate never to be seen again.

Classic patter, classic lines and good stories. 2nd series was good but not a patch on the 1st. Love Moxy's paranoia in the 2nd when he's on the run.

Think i'll get them on DVD.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I did laugh at the scenes in the 2nd series, where they had to use a stand in for the unfortunate Gary Holton. They showed the back of a stand-ins head with an obvious wig.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Even the 3rd series was good, the series set in America where they they moved the Middlesborough transporter bridge was a series too far.

col

Legendary Member
Never missed the first series, brilliant. But didnt enjoy the next ones as much, lost interest by the the bridge one.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Uncle Mort said:
Was the third series when they were back in the UK working for Barry? I though some of those were OK too.

I seem to be getting confused, The 3rd series was the one where they went to America to move the transporter bridge, the 4th series was set in Cuba and Thailand working supposedly for the government, that was alright.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/pet/

I didn't get into it till the last episode first time round.Absolute classic.That Gary Holton was a right jack the lad.Have a few of those at work.

Greedo

User1314 said:
Watching the first episode of the second series last night. Where Barry is doing up his house in Wolverhampton. Brilliant.

Highlights for me:

1 "I was in the Falklands." (Barry trying to impress a woman in the pub)
2 The portrayal of Dennis' self-pitying descent into alcoholism
3 Pat Roach wrestling on Saturday afternoon ITV
4 The rather attractive Middlesex Poly Student
5 The anarchist builders' assistant working for Barry ("He's probably out tonight daubing anti-government slogans on viaducts")
6 Oz's rant about Thatcher as Customs prepare to bum-search him
7 Barry on Neville: "He's a really nice bloke. He'd give you the shirt of his back. In fact I think this is his shirt I'm wearing!"

I could go on but....

"What do you think you're going to find up there? A new striker for Newcastle United" ;)

Greedo

Last nights was one of the best for Oz. Humping the old dear from the pub, his patter in general made me laugh no end

Top Bottom