Australian GP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Keith Oates said:
Hamilton came 3rd..

Thought it was fourth?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Enjoyed the race. I especially enjoyed those two taking each other off and how active it was until the end. Shame about the safety car nearer the start, they are really going to have to look at that I think otherwise it'll become a farce in the future.

I did wonder about Trulli and see it has changed. I jokingly wondered after the race finished as the two diffuser whinger teams took themselves out of the running whether they'd now bother to rewrite the results of the race as it'd come out as a Hamilton win with no ferrari points scored :laugh:. I'm also far from chuffed to see Vettel has got a grid demotion.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
I thought it was just as much "Happy" Kubica's fault as Vettel's.

Anyone going down to "The Frome Flyer" on Jenson Avenue, Frome tonight? LOL

Mr Pig

Keith Oates said:
Trulli was penalised and that moved him up to third!

Ahh. I checked the results first thing this morning. Silly me for thinking that the order they cross the line in actually means something in F1! ;0)

You'd need to be pretty daft to write off Hamilton. He's a genuinely great driver and he's more than capable of taking the title with an average car. Didn't watch the race, went to a bike shop. In fact I went to two ;0)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
They were on the radio telling him to carry on! In anycase there is a lack of clarity on the vettel situation, it sounds like the demotion was for the collision, not for carrying on.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Chuffy said:
I can't believe his team weren't on the radio telling him to pull over. They deserve the demotion for sheer stupidity.
Agreed.

Congrats to Button, Brawn and Hamilton... a good day for British Motorsport!

Rob S

Speck said:
I thought it was just as much "Happy" Kubica's fault as Vettel's.

I think it's Kubica's fault too....if you're in third place and you want second place then you should overtake round the outside and give the other guy room...especially as after the righthander you go in to a lefthander.

Can't blame Vettell for trying to carry on when because of the safety car nobody would be able to overtake him for the remain couple of laps.....the stewards should've black flagged him as soon as he went past the pit entrance if he was being dangerous....they had about 3/4 lap of notice!!

Top Bottom