Avoid the bike shop.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

red_tom

Just to give you an update on this thread. They made a remarkably sensible offer which, after taking advice, I've accepted. I could have gone to court and made everyone involved thoroughly miserable to potentially get a bit more cash but it just wouldn't have been worth it.

I'm going to end up with a pretty hefty lump sum to put in a savings account* until the housing market settles down and I've worked out where I want to live. I'll grab somewhere to rent until then.

Thanks again for everyone's kind words and advice.

Cheers

Tom

*With a really long access time. None of the money will be used for another bike. The money is all to be used for a house. Repeat - do not go any where near the bike shop until the money is in the savings account. ;)

hubgearfreak

Über Member
glad you got out of a house split with both parties fairly happy & no extra wealth for lawyers:smile:

http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/guvnor.html

sorry:blush:

longers

Legendary Member
I put the money from very similar circumstances into Premium Bonds.

After buying a bike :biggrin:

The Bonds did very well but the main problem was that it's very easy to dip into them. It's in bricks and mortar now. Good timing eh?

Keith Oates

Janner
It's always best to settle when both parties are reasonably happy, saves laying awake at night fretting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom