Awesome Driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Leaves a decent clearance, doesn't crowd you, bides his time and waits for a safe opportunity to pass. A sensible guy.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Very respectful driving. Beats the tipper truck that beeped me three times to actually move off the road to let him past last week. I caught up with him a mile later and had a word. We parted on good terms but I was not happy. I thought it was his airbrakes at first.

Brandane

Legendary Member
See; we're not all bad! Having said that, it is a sad day when cyclists post such driving as "awesome". He was only doing what he should have been doing, i.e. being patient and waiting for a safe opportunity to pass. Anything else on that road would have been extremely dangerous.

ChrisTh

Unfortunately the bad always sticks out more than the good. Like the one trying to get past me between 2 pedestrian crossings the other week. Which resulted in me having to stop sharpish, shimmy backwards and onto the kerb before I got squished.

Luckily driver behind stopped and gave me plate number of said lorry and there contact details in case needed. Waiting on response from lorry company still, not expecting anything now though unfortunately.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
See; we're not all bad! Having said that, it is a sad day when cyclists post such driving as "awesome". He was only doing what he should have been doing, i.e. being patient and waiting for a safe opportunity to pass. Anything else on that road would have been extremely dangerous.

True. It's a bit sad that someone behaving in the manner that everyone should be is so noteworthy.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Lorry driver thinks: "Mmm, I need to barge past here, hold on, one of the stupid twunts up ahead has got a camera.'

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
But it is nice to recognise good driving and it's fairly rare that you get a full cross onto the other side of the road overtake, though it does happen, I had two army lorries pass me that way on a wide road.

Top Bottom