Bad omens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I bet many more people know you now than before but as they say if you're going to do something make it memorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll have years of mickey taking by colleagues - oh well... stupid building design if it's that easy to make it fall appart - you would think there would be crash barriers around the support !

Mr Phoebus

I know where that depot is situated... used to be situated. xx(
Whatever happened to the ol' 'being beckoned safely back'?
Glad your ticker withstood the shock.

Bet all the pigeons thought WTF? :biggrin:

Andy

Superb story, as they say, you couldn't make it up!
Glad you're okay though FBOAB, or at least physically okay.
Only one that I can think of that is vaguely familiar is an old friend of mine rotating a tank gun in an enclosed space and smacking the barrel off something, the something was more solid than the gun barrel and this resulted in a slight but expensive bend. Ideal for firing shells round corners but apparently there ain't much call for that in the war zone! xx(

Willow

there was a thread on here a few weeks ago about reverse parking sensors - I rest my case!

Amazed you cycled home after all that and particularly glad work is ok about it though I am sure you will be the brunt of much mickey taking for a while, better broaden those shoulders.

OP
OP
F

FBOAB

Thanks guys! Had the insurance assesors in today and the damage is not as bad as to warrant knocking down the whole building (built in the 1800s as a railway waggon works apparently) but we won't be back there before christmas. Work is looking at places the other side of Birmingham for the time being and I think that's a bit far for me to commute by bike.;) (But then again...)
Yes, the mickey taking has reached near apoplectic levels around the drivers but this has never been the industry for the shy retiring type... However I can now get people to shift thir cars out of the way in a hurry; I just tell them I'm going to reverse where their car is and 'you know my track record on reversing':biggrin:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Superb effort! It can't be many people who can have an argument with an XXX-tonne roof and win. :-)

Had to laugh at the juxposition of your post and your signature, though. :-D

Ben

Top Bottom