Bank crisis - is the large Hadron collider to blame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well? It didn't blow the world to bits or suck us all into a black hole but it's made a mess of the world's financial systems.

I think we should be told.

Lazy-Commuter

Maybe it made a special black hole that only sucks in money?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
If that were the case then surely we could merge the Nobel Prize in Physics and Economics :thumbsdown:?

Maz

Guru
I think they're starting it up in Spring 09. Apparently, because of the high working temperatures needed, running it over winter would rack up a huge heating bill.

ChrisKH

Guru
I thought it had broken and couldn't be used for another three months whilst they're waiting for wiggle to send them a new part.:thumbsdown:

No seriously I thought it was broken and someone has released a ton of helium into the atmosphere or some such hooha.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Wasn't Homer Simpson in charge?

I can't drop the idea that as such as massive and potent symbol of scientific virility it should have been named the large hardon collider.

Danny

Legendary Member
Rigid Raider said:
Well? It didn't blow the world to bits or suck us all into a black hole but it's made a mess of the world's financial systems.

I think we should be told.
Indeed - the sh*t really hit the fan just as he went off line supposedly for "maintenance".

buddha

Veteran
There is a conspiracy going around that LHC is secretly blackmailing world leaders for billions. Apparently he is threatening to expose his large black hole in public.:thumbsdown:
The current financial mess is just a cover story.

Maz

Guru
Rigid Raider said:
Eh? I thought everything needed freezing for it to work?
Yes, you're right!
That was it - they need to let the broken panel (or whatever) heat up to a temperature sufficient to start the repair, do the repair and then cool it back down again, which could takes aaaages.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Maz said:
Yes, you're right!
That was it - they need to let the broken panel (or whatever) heat up to a temperature sufficient to start the repair, do the repair and then cool it back down again, which could takes aaaages.

Surely some eastern european with a tube of mastic could do the job in a day and for a fraction of the price?

Top Bottom