Banking advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Hi does anyone here know anything about banking ?grrr

I wish to purchase something on ebay but the seller has only provided the following information which looks to me like their credit/debit card info.

Industrial and Commercial bank of China (card centre)?

Swift code ICBKCNBJICC
Bank acc No ? 4270-2056-0054-XXXX

Name Sun Liang Wen

surely I cannot make any kind of bacs ,chaps transfer from my bank account can I with that info ?

Thanks for any help

TVC

I recently paid a guy in Sydney whose house I rented, Barclays wanted both the IBAN and SWIFTBIC numbers along with the full bank address and account holder details, then charged an arm and a leg for the process.

Is it a large sum of money? and I assume the guy doesn't have a paypal account.

OP
OP
P

peanut

yes the seller has a paypal account but unfortunately I lost my paypal account many years ago when 2x laptop buyers took me for a ride and paypal took £750 from me and closed my account.
Its only a £25.00 cycle jersey but it will probably cost me that much again to transfer funds.
Ridiculous really when its all computerised these days.:sad: banks eh tsk :angry:

OP
OP
P

peanut

actually it would be safer and cheaper to pay someone with a paypal account £10.00 to make the payment for me or just buy the jersey for me:biggrin:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
You dont need a paypal account to pay someone by paypal I get paypal payments from my customers all the time and most of them dont have a paypal account.

Just goto paypal and click on the 'send money' link and fill in the 'send money' form (you will need the sellers paypal email address) and you should be able to fund it from either a credit or debit card.

OP
OP
P

peanut

phil_hg_uk said:
You dont need a paypal account to pay someone by paypal I get paypal payments from my customers all the time and most of them dont have a paypal account.

Just goto paypal and click on the 'send money' link and fill in the 'send money' form (you will need the sellers paypal email address) and you should be able to fund it from either a credit or debit card.

yes you can Phil you are quite right but paypal are still claiming a further £150.00 from me and I daren't let them have my credit card details .:ohmy:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Oh ok I see what you mean.

bonj2

It would be easier to just contact some fella in nigeria whose uncle died and left him loads of money but he can't get it out of the country but needs your help to do so, sign whatever forms he wants you to sign and then just tell him to send the money to china instead.
You dope :sad:

OP
OP
P

peanut

bonj said:
It would be easier to just contact some fella in nigeria whose uncle died and left him loads of money but he can't get it out of the country but needs your help to do so, sign whatever forms he wants you to sign and then just tell him to send the money to china instead.
You dope :sad:

Actually I just had a Nigerian Prince email me the other day. He needs someone with a bank account to transfer £6 ,000,000,000.00 into .Just the ticket :smile:

Top Bottom