Bb30 bearing retaining glue.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
I have an old Cannondale bb30 bottom bracket that creaks badly. I need to replace and want to glue the bearing in so that they don't creak? (The spindle is probably worn tbh) What variant of loctite or other brand would you use?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
BB30 is press-fit so no cups just bearings which are an interference fit, also retained by circlips, this I believe is what is causing the creaking. I'm no expert but worn spindle won't help.
Hambini recommends Loctite 641 if aluminium frame plus activator if carbon.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
All the bikes I've ever owned, I swapped out press fit bearings for thread in adaptor brackets. Hope, Praxis, Hambini etc do these for your bike.

The bearings are then pressed into this higher quality bracket, where the tolerance is much more accurate.

Sharky

Guru
Probably doesn't apply to press fit BB's, but I've read somewhere that plumbers PTFE tape, the white tape stuff , stops creaking on threaded BB's.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Probably doesn't apply to press fit BB's, but I've read somewhere that plumbers PTFE tape, the white tape stuff , stops creaking on threaded BB's.

I use PTFE tape on my threaded BB's together with a smear of Copper Slip grease, makes screwing in the BB super smooth and easy.

Top Bottom