BBC and Clarkson complaint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Hopefully this might ensure that the Cluckson rant of 'driving over a cyclist, just for fun' will never be aired on the Beeb

PaulB

Legendary Member
How original! Clarkson is a well-known admirer of Viz magazine; once describing it as the funniest thing published in this country. Viz have a long-running spoof on lorry drivers killing women and rolling them up in carpets, even publishing phoney letters from these "drivers" who claim to have either committed this act or who want praise for resisting the temptation to do so.

dodgy

John the Monkey said:
Incidentally, is it too much to hope that we might rid ourselves of Clarkson, Brand and Ross all in one fell swoop?

Yeah, nice safe TV. Ahh, jumpers for goal posts :evil:

yenrod

Kovu said:
I'd love to see you on the front pages, people quitting because of your rants ... we'd have no tv. And I still stand that Woss And Brand weren't altogether too bad, but i wont open that can of worms again! :eek:

People quit here coz of me !

Sensitive people are the English.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
dodgy said:
Yeah, nice safe TV. Ahh, jumpers for goal posts :eek:

Well, a chap can dream...

Clarkson's hardly edgy, is he? Pandering to the prejudices of middle aged sales managers. And I stand by my assessment of Ross and Brand in threads passim.

It is not a matter of if you think it is funny or not, or if you like Clarkson or not. The point is do we give people freedom to experss themselves in this way or not?

At any other time Clarksons remark would have gone unnoticed but the press seem to be smelling blood following the Woss thing. Same as when they get onto a dog biting epedemic every now and again.

Anyone calling for the censoring of the media - be careful, once you get the principle in place there will be no stopping them and we think the Taliban liberal before you know it.

Last night on the Simpsons a yellow cab went by with a cyclist dragging along under it. Should we ban it? Someone will say Yes.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Over The Hill said:
It is not a matter of if you think it is funny or not, or if you like Clarkson or not. The point is do we give people freedom to experss themselves in this way or not?

I'm being facetious, really - I'm not a fan of any of the three to have fallen afoul of the media over the last few weeks, and doubt very much that the level of our public discourse would suffer much from their absence.

Regarding Brand/Ross in particular, I do draw a line at the point where it involves making "prank" calls to the families of people unfortunate enough to have made your acquaintance, and then broadcasting same.

However, I do take your point as made above, and agree.

hackbike 6

Personally I couldn't give a monkies about Clarkson and his so called jokes.

The biggest disappointment for me is that he was allegedly filmed while using his mobile phone while driving on the motorway.

Unfortunately this puts the wrong message across that it is alright to do this.

He could be such a role model for motorists and although he is a role model I think he's a role model in the wrong way.

Bringing Clarkson down would require the same massive media pressure that was brought to bear on Ross and Brand.
Seeing as Clarkson is the darling of the right-wing press, that ain't going to happen. Ever. He could piss over Mother Theresa's grave and the Mail et al would berate the 'PC brigade' for daring to complain.

If you want to get Clarkson, pile up concrete blocks behind the next wall that the twat drives through. :sad:

Kovu

Über Member
Chuffy said:
Bringing Clarkson down would require the same massive media pressure that was brought to bear on Ross and Brand.
Seeing as Clarkson is the darling of the right-wing press, that ain't going to happen. Ever. He could piss over Mother Theresa's grave and the Mail et al would berate the 'PC brigade' for daring to complain.

If you want to get Clarkson, pile up concrete blocks behind the next wall that the twat drives through. :sad:

Calm down Chuffy ... calm down.

I like the guy, his jokes aren't to everyones taste, but I still like him and his humour is pretty much the same as my own. Simular to Brand, I liked him and still do, Ross I couldn't give a toss.

Top Bottom