BBC homepage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Been trying to load this on home pc since yesterday evenng, to no avail. The catch is I downloaded Google Chrome... everything works tickety boo both on Chrome and also on IE7, except the BBC homepage. Rest of BBC site works fine on both, too... it's niggling away at me, like a little bit of ham that gets stuck beneath your tongue...:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
I've swapped back to Firefox for the time being now. There are clearly a few minor bugs to be sorted in Chrome, fair enough, that's why we have beta testing. The new posts search on this very forum doesn't seem to work either, keeps re-issuing ones from earlier.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yes, there are a few probs, but what I can't get is why it's just the beeb homepage, and why it also doesn't work in IE7 any more....

domtyler

Über Member
Try doing an ipconfig /flushdns to see if it is being caused by a stale cached ip address maybe?

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
domtyler said:
Try doing an ipconfig /flushdns to see if it is being caused by a stale cached ip address maybe?
How to do, please? Still can't get the damn thang to play ball:sad:

graham56

Guru
How are things at your place Fnaar? Hope your feet are not getting wet. I saw the local news( and knowing where you live) it looked pretty bad.

jonesy

Guru
Just installed Chrome today. Seems fine, no problems with BBC main site, though I've just had to close an iPlayer tab (had left it paused for quite a while, so maybe problems would have occurred with any browser). I like the integrated search and address bar. On the whole it seems slightly faster than FF, which is what I usually use at home.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
graham56 said:
How are things at your place Fnaar? Hope your feet are not getting wet. I saw the local news( and knowing where you live) it looked pretty bad.
We're OK, as we're quite high above river, but all the houses on other side of river out the back are window-high... cheers for asking! Town centre under watta, outlying villages and roads cut off etc etc... various friends flooded out, and staying with us the night.... I guess your place is quite high?

graham56

Guru
Fnaar said:
We're OK, as we're quite high above river, but all the houses on other side of river out the back are window-high... cheers for asking! Town centre under watta, outlying villages and roads cut off etc etc... various friends flooded out, and staying with us the night.... I guess your place is quite high?
At 300ft we`re ok thanks.

domtyler

Über Member
Fnaar said:
How to do, please? Still can't get the damn thang to play ball:sad:

Just open a command prompt and type it in then hit return.

You do know how to open a command window don't you? :biggrin:
Just in case, click Start, then Run, then type in cmd and click okay.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
domtyler said:
Just open a command prompt and type it in then hit return.

You do know how to open a command window don't you? :biggrin:
Just in case, click Start, then Run, then type in cmd and click okay.
It seems to have fixed itself! :evil:

Top Bottom